Login RegisterFAQ
Flickr and Yahoo redundancies
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I wonder what the impact will be to Flickr?

Link
By
I'm surprised there isn't much competition for this market.
Hopefully it will spawn some new blood to whip up a new competing product.
By
I'm hoping a company that gives a s*** buys it. It has been sad to see how yahoo have driven it into the ground over the years. Flickr has a great mix of photography, and ranks well in search engines.

Instagram is for twelvies, and 500px is just full of the same over-processed seascapes.
By
I made a Flickr account a while ago, and then promptly forgot my password and email, as I never use Yahoo...

Instagram isn't for twelvies, though it may seem like that. The greatest thing about Instagram, is it's ease of use, which Flickr is really missing, in my opinion. That said, I follow only great photographers, and I don't follow friends on Insta so...
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Ever since they rolled out the new interface with the huge display size (which you can't change) it's been clunky and horrible.

It was better the way it was before.

Blame it on that new CEO. She doesn't seem to like to listen to anyone but herself.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Seems the flickr search interface in the smartphone browser hasn't been updated as the desktop version since it has the old pagination. But it is quicker and better. Go figure...
By
I bailed on flickr and have started using 500px and I am pretty happy with it so far. Except I bulk uploaded my photos and it shared a link to each and everyone on my facebook which was frustrating.
Kids need to stop lighting things on fire or I'm gonna get arrested.
By
Just so you know I am up to page 58 of 627 in my flickr search "Urbex Australia" for my mobile. I am not using the flickr app. Yeah I'm running out of places to visit so going here ;)

On the desktop browser it doesn't show the page number and it hangs after scrolling for some time. Even in thumbnail mode.
 Post a reply
Go