Login RegisterFAQ
Defence Land
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I've noticed lots of the old the army and government land/buildings in the South West are looking more and more run down since the new developments over the other side. There are definitely derelict buildings onsite, you can spot them easily from the road. Buuuut its all army land and I feel like its too risky for my liking. I'm usually up for anything but I don't really want to mess with that stuff. Has anyone checked out the area or know any info about the security levels?
Much appreciated!
By
Doubt that anyone is going to give out any info they may have on such sensitive sites. It's probably commonwealth land, not 'army land' as you so put it. So yeah it carries harsher penalties than your regular old civil trespassing most of us get up to.
Basically you want info from someone who has chanced the risk because you don't want to risk it yourself. Doesn't quite seem fair.
To take a note from the SAS;
Who dares wins.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I got arrested at one of em and spent three months in the Big House, dont do it m8
By
No need to act hard infront of all your urbex mates Echo. I know its commonwealth land I can read signs, I also know it comes with harsher penalties. You aren't from nsw, don't get involved just to have a go at someone who has had just as much experience as you.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Edit: Not going to get into it, couldn't care less. Good luck with your queries.
By
Lol f*** of my post then please. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't get involved! Thanks
By
sxtysvn wrote:Lol f*** of my post then please. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't get involved! Thanks
This is a public forum and I am as entitled as much as anyone else here to express my opinion.
Cheers, Echo.
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
sxtysvn wrote:Lol f*** of my post then please. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't get involved! Thanks
Just so you're aware, you're being a c*** for no reason.

I've been on defence land in Vic which, given the nature of the land, should be of similar security standards. Really it depends on if the land is decommissioned entirely and is just ex-commonwealth land owned by someone's else (in which case security would be negligible) or if the land is still owned by the department of defence. In Victoria DoD areas are heavily secured. Some typical features in the multiple DoD sites I've visited:
- multiple tall barbed wire fences
- solar powered lights (at least where I went they all had security cameras attached to them too)
- on site security 24/7 with cars and high powered torches
- motion sensors in sensitive buildings (any buildings that still have a purpose or store equipment etc.)
- alarms triggered by doors being left open for extended periods

This isn't an all inclusive list but I imagine these are the same security measures at almost all DoD
IG: zero.given
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
If you kids don't stop your arguing I'm turning this car around and there will be no Disneyland for any of you!

In 2010 they updated the legislation thanks to that wonderful "Terrorism" word to up the anti on it.
If you're worried about the consequences of getting busted, then they've done their job at deterring you.

A some friends were busted on defense land about 18 months ago, they were charged with trespass as the base was out of service, however it was made very clear they wouldn't be let off with a slap on the wrist. They went to court and each got a 6 months good behavior bond, and had to pay for all the costs involved in apprehending them.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I hear they love to use reamers in jail when you drop the soap.
By
That's the pot calling the kettle black!
The thing about the internet, is that while no one knows you are a dog, a wombat or even their next door neighbor, you still build a reputation. You build your reputation from they way you interact with people, the things you write, and how you treat others. I don't know you, and until today I'd never heard of you, but I don't have a high opinion of you based on this single interaction. You asked a question in a public forum, then you treated the first person who answered it like s***. To me, that says two things;
1. Don't bother answering any of your requests for information, because you'll probably be ungrateful and treat me like s***.
2. You're not a real nice person.
So yeah, any information I have on the subject, or any other subject, I'm not going to give you. I suspect others have formed the same opinion. To me, and to others, you're persona non grata, and we're not going to have anything to do with you.
Now you can do one of two things. You can either b***h back, call people whatever you want and further reinforce our opinions of you. Or, you can swallow your pride, apologise for your behavior and maybe slowly redeem yourself and build a little trust from us. Remember, it is how you treat people that builds or destroys your reputation, and it is your reputation that dictates how people will treat you. Everyone has an online reputation weather we like it or not. Also, when it comes down to it, no one likes being treated like s***, so people tend to no like or trust those that treat them like s***.

Finally, as with all advice, you can take this or leave it, it is your call. But really, that's what Echo's post was too, advice that you could have taken or left. If you don't want it, just leave it, no need to start a war over advice you asked for.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Oldfart wrote:-
To be fair I did actually receive a rather nice private message expressing their apologies.
By
Echo wrote:
Oldfart wrote:-
To be fair I did actually receive a rather nice private message expressing their apologies.
Ahh well, in that case they just went up in my opinion of them. It is easy to argue, but it takes a brave and honorable person to apolagise.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I got stalked away from accessing a disused defence force facility. I was followed back to my car, where there was another person just standing behind it. It's one of the weirdest things that has happened to me when exploring.
By
sxtysvn wrote:I've noticed lots of the old the army and government land/buildings in the South West are looking more and more run down since the new developments over the other side. There are definitely derelict buildings onsite, you can spot them easily from the road. Buuuut its all army land and I feel like its too risky for my liking. I'm usually up for anything but I don't really want to mess with that stuff. Has anyone checked out the area or know any info about the security levels?
Much appreciated!
This probably won't make me popular, but..... If i saw someone obviously sneaking onto, or breaking into defence land I'd call crimestoppers. I mean i wouldn't know if it was an urban explorer or someone up to no good. While I know all about urban exploration, I also know there are people out there who are pretty much terrorists. I'd err on the side of caution and dial triple zero. Sure, that person might be a harmless urban explorer, but they might be the worst threat that Australia has ever seen. Unless they're carrying a tripod and camera I don't know, and even then, I don't know.
Yes, I am an old fart.
By
sxtysvn wrote:I've noticed lots of the old the army and government land/buildings in the South West are looking more and more run down since the new developments over the other side. There are definitely derelict buildings onsite, you can spot them easily from the road. Buuuut its all army land and I feel like its too risky for my liking. I'm usually up for anything but I don't really want to mess with that stuff. Has anyone checked out the area or know any info about the security levels?
Much appreciated!
There is still clean derelict stuff round syd especially with your latest find to give this one a bye. Just need to know where to look.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:
Much appreciated!
There is still clean derelict stuff round syd especially with your latest find to give this one a bye. Just need to know where to look.
Very true theedge! I just feel like I should have explored it because its as local as it gets for me. But i'm leaning toward giving it a miss for now haha
 Post a reply
Go