Login RegisterFAQ
Abandoned youth centre.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I was down in Canberra for the weekend and a couple of friends took me to an abandoned youth centre (at least that's what I think it is).
I only have one picture that I'll post later, it's fairly big for what it is.
By
Anything interesting to see in there?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
blakjak wrote:Anything interesting to see in there?
x2
By
By
Yeah that's the place, cheers Decmialz.
I wasn't in there for long as it was kinda creepy and I was with a couple of scared friends, plus I decided we should leave as we were definitely seen going inside. I didn't get to see everything but it's pretty cool.
Also I only had an iPhone torch as it was a spur of the moment exploration and I had no idea this existed until 5 minutes before I was inside.
Here are some bad/grainy iPhone photos (it was pitch black haha)
1. Stairs to the upper level, from the main room (as seen in 2)

2. The "main room" from the stairs

3. Walking up the stairs

4. A bathroom
By
Went past this place tonight and had a good look around for an entry point, but it's sealed tight. Seems like they regularly maintain this place. A roof entry has been rumoured, which I may check the merit of in the coming days. Other than that, I'll keep a close eye on its accessibility, seems like a decent explore.
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
phytrix wrote:Went past this place tonight and had a good look around for an entry point, but it's sealed tight. Seems like they regularly maintain this place. A roof entry has been rumoured, which I may check the merit of in the coming days. Other than that, I'll keep a close eye on its accessibility, seems like a decent explore.
Roof tiles come off very easily... #justsayin
By
Nick wrote:
phytrix wrote:Went past this place tonight and had a good look around for an entry point, but it's sealed tight. Seems like they regularly maintain this place. A roof entry has been rumoured, which I may check the merit of in the coming days. Other than that, I'll keep a close eye on its accessibility, seems like a decent explore.
Roof tiles come off very easily... #justsayin
So I've heard :) I was by myself at the time and wasn't wanting to solo explore it via. a roof entry, but it does seem like that's the way to go
By
Had a proper look at this place the other day with d0dg3r/aydun/Hidden_world. As it stands, the place is secured very tightly and seems to be maintained very well (I assume it is visited once or twice a week to repair any vandalism). Managed to get up on the roof to check out the entry points that are rumoured to be up there. Turns out that there are entry points, but your average explorer will need some gear to get in and out. So the first struggle is getting up on the roof. From one of the staircases, it's about a 2.5m climb up onto the roof, but it's a pretty dodgy climb. The gutter feels very loose and the only reason I went up is because I was being hoisted by multiple people. If you fall to either side, it's a heavy drop, so I would not recommend trying this. Once you are up on the roof though, there are a couple of chutes which one may go down to get inside. That being said, it's about a 5m drop if you're hanging onto a wooden floor. The floor looks pretty solid, but it's still a heavy drop. If one does venture this far, you'll need to bring rope to get yourself back up. We are assuming that there is no way to exit from the inside as there is no way to enter from the outside, and I think this is a fair assumption after scouting the site thoroughly. So tie the rope up on the roof so you can get back out if worst comes to worst. Make sure your upper body strength is admirable, else good luck hoisting yourself up. That's about it. The roof has a couple of pitfalls, but distribute your weight over the two levels of the roof (about a half meter gap between the two) and watch your footing and you should be ok.

In my opinion, this is too dangerous of an entry point. Way too many opportunities to get seriously injured. Stay safe kiddos
By
Looks fair trashed.
By
crazy once you get in there guys ^^ ill be happy to disclose the location via pm if anyone is interested
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
blxkers wrote:crazy once you get in there guys ^^ ill be happy to disclose the location via pm if anyone is interested
You know what you just did by writing this? You basically ensured that no one is ever going to take you anywhere or show you any spots because they'll be worried you'll just throw the location to any random who asks.
Wander often. Wonder always.
 Post a reply
Go