Login RegisterFAQ
Sydney - Brisbane trip
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I am quite keen to do a trip up to Brisbane this summer. Hopefully a long week end trip. I love on the south coast, so on a Friday I could drive up to Sydney for an early get away on a Saturday or even the Friday evening. Do a day trip north to Brisbane, check out some of the better drains like Burfords and so on, drive back on a Monday. Or organise to get a day off on a 4 day week end. I have an 8 seater van, so road tripping could mean splitting fuel costs between those going. It is a 2.8 liter turbo diesel so it is good on fuel on the highway. It is also comfortable for long trips and I've got camping gear for overnight sleeping. I've road tripped up as far as Byron Bay and slept in the back with no issues.

I'd also like to do road trips to Adelaide and Melbourne if there is interest.
I figure that realistically such a trip split by 6 people would cost about $50 in fuel and food, maybe extra if we stayed in a youth hostel / caravan park. I personally prefer just sleeping in my van. But I can put up with that for a few days for the sake of exploring.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:I am quite keen to do a trip up to Brisbane this summer. Hopefully a long week end trip. I love on the south coast, so on a Friday I could drive up to Sydney for an early get away on a Saturday or even the Friday evening. Do a day trip north to Brisbane, check out some of the better drains like Burfords and so on, drive back on a Monday. Or organise to get a day off on a 4 day week end. I have an 8 seater van, so road tripping could mean splitting fuel costs between those going. It is a 2.8 liter turbo diesel so it is good on fuel on the highway. It is also comfortable for long trips and I've got camping gear for overnight sleeping. I've road tripped up as far as Byron Bay and slept in the back with no issues.

I'd also like to do road trips to Adelaide and Melbourne if there is interest.
I figure that realistically such a trip split by 6 people would cost about $50 in fuel and food, maybe extra if we stayed in a youth hostel / caravan park. I personally prefer just sleeping in my van. But I can put up with that for a few days for the sake of exploring.
I'll put down an "expression of interest" here. :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Sounds good.
I'll keep an eye on this thread, and try to plan a Qld meetup in conjunction.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Expression of interest here too.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Just looked it up: Youth hostels are approximately $25-40 a night a bed.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:Just looked it up: Youth hostels are approximately $25-40 a night a bed.
Tents on the coast out of the city are much cheaper. :)
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:
Midget wrote:Just looked it up: Youth hostels are approximately $25-40 a night a bed.
Tents on the coast out of the city are much cheaper. :)
I'd dig a tent on the coast.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Damn, next weekend is the only public holiday between now and Christmas. I'd like to go, but at such short notice..... Hard to do. It could be done, if enough people were interested. A three dayer up to Brisbane and back. But I'd rather get a few people together and plan for something a bit longer over more days.

Mind you, this coming week end would be great to do some exploring in.
By
Just throwing out a few thoughts, If we could get some people together, we could leave Sydney Friday night, sleep on the road side somewhere (Newcastle?) and then head into Brisbane on Saturday. Or, we could bus or train it north over night, use public transport to explore, and bus or train it south again. Options options, we have many. Still, not that keen to do such a big trip with so little planning, though I have road tripped with no planning before when unemployed. The problem with having a job is that no matter what, you are expected to be there come a work day.
 Post a reply
Go