Login RegisterFAQ
Glebe Tram Sheds
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey all,

Latest on the Glebe tram sheds:
Harold Park has been levelled but tram sheds still remain standing with a fence 50m surrounding the site and security. Mirvac own it now for development with construction starting in mid 2012-late 2019.

I'm from Brisbane but am going to Sydney soon and am VERY keen to get inside. We should see if a group of people wanna get together and go.
By
took a drive past here earlier to sus it out....turns out it is still there :shock: :D

but it is monitored by security....funnily the same guys who got me last time lol
By
I wonder if they would let us in..I'm sure a bribe would work?
Were they hard on punishment for ya?
By
they were more concerned on how i got in , then told me to leave before they called the cops
By
tough to get in... I work in the building industry and may have a few points of contact of how to get into the site. Will see what i can come up with.
By
That would be great, let us know how you go..
By
Any updates ;) ?
By
Went here the other day - mid week (work related)
Security is well tough.... could be done.. but would need wire/bolt cutters, minimul torch light and 2-3 people MAX. there is 24/7 security(i believe with dogs too), cameras, and some perimeter alarms. Depending on what point you enter from it can be done.. security usually hang out near the site sheds so avoid that side at all costs. lol
By
Hawkeye5086 and I made an aborted attempt to visit. There are two fences to get through. One is perimeter fence and the second sort of inner fence at the main doors.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Shoe wrote:Hawkeye5086 and I made an aborted attempt to visit. There are two fences to get through. One is perimeter fence and the second sort of inner fence at the main doors.
So they're still there? :shock:

Oh, but there are dogs... never mind.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:
Shoe wrote:Hawkeye5086 and I made an aborted attempt to visit. There are two fences to get through. One is perimeter fence and the second sort of inner fence at the main doors.

We didn't see any dogs, yet it doesn't mean they're not there.
By
Shoe wrote:
Midget wrote:

We didn't see any dogs, yet it doesn't mean they're not there.
Is there a way to prevent dogs from finding you? Apparently, most of them work on sight rather than smell...
By
I don't know about that but I think it is safe to assume worst case scenario and assume they can see and smell you and fire bees and lasers out of their mouths. That said I am keen to do it in the day so I can take some good shots. The fence is pretty high and has blunt spikes on it but it is doable.
By
hawkeye5086 wrote:I don't know about that but I think it is safe to assume worst case scenario and assume they can see and smell you and fire bees and lasers out of their mouths. That said I am keen to do it in the day so I can take some good shots. The fence is pretty high and has blunt spikes on it but it is doable.
Yeah, I think I might bring along some pepper and see whether it actually works when I go to a place with guard dogs. (If I remember.)

Just don't spend all your energy on that fence :D . I used to do a bit of parkour (a.k.a. jumping over stuff), and when I got into UE, I would always get tired before I got to the main place/finished exploring. Now I just walk around the perimeter and find ways in, or bring a bit of rope and grapple up to the other side if it's too high for a pull-up and over.
By
Is there a way to prevent dogs from finding you? Apparently, most of them work on sight rather than smell...[/quote]

It's not so much how a guard dog "works" I don't think.
It's still just an animal protecting what it has been led to believe is it's territory, no different from a domestic dog chasing possums out of the yard.
An attack dog is another thing altogether cause that's trained to bring you down on command, where as a guard dog is just tryin to f*** you up.
So yeah sight, smell, for the most part I would say hearing. My dogs could hear a possum run on the grass from inside the house when they were younger.
AXEL
By
axel wrote: It's not so much how a guard dog "works" I don't think.
It's still just an animal protecting what it has been led to believe is it's territory, no different from a domestic dog chasing possums out of the yard.
An attack dog is another thing altogether cause that's trained to bring you down on command, where as a guard dog is just tryin to **** you up.
So yeah sight, smell, for the most part I would say hearing. My dogs could hear a possum run on the grass from inside the house when they were younger.
Ah. Knowledge inserted into brain.

Sound... hm, that's very annoying, especially with the crunchy gravel underfoot. Even if I sneaked across 50m over a period of a few hours, by that time, the guard would have patrolled to me...
By
1Image

2Image
By
Very, very nice. :D

Sad they're being taken down though... never got to see them. Too much in the following/past few weeks to check them out.
Last edited by Midget on 18 Sep 2012, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
@ Midget,

NFI, dogs are colourblind but they have good smell. Think bloodhounds. The s-it thing about Glebe tram sheds is that I've passed them before but I was a good boy so I didn't go in.
By
Shoe wrote:@ Midget,

NFI, dogs are colourblind but they have good smell. Think bloodhounds. The s-it thing about Glebe tram sheds is that I've passed them before but I was a good boy so I didn't go in.
What's NFI?
By
Midget wrote:

What's NFI?
NFI = no f--king idea
By
Shoe wrote:
Midget wrote:

What's NFI?
NFI = no f--king idea
That doesn't make sense. You say NFI, then proceed to explain what the dogs do? =P :lol:
 Post a reply
Go