Login RegisterFAQ
C64 stuff free to a good home (Brisbane)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Cleaning out my garage and I don't want this stuff to become landfill. (There's no ET cartridges in my collection)

I don't know if anything works, some definitely doesn't.

1x early console, dark brown curvy version. With owners manual and original power adapter. This is my original C64 and was working about 5 years ago. I don't have the cable to go to the TV, so I can't confirm operation.

2 or 3 later consoles, light gray flatter version. Untested.

1x joystick

1x Tape drive, many tapes containing programs, depending on the lifespan of data on magnetic media from the mid 80's

2 or 3 boxes of disks, looks like 10 disks per pack. One box is unopened (!)

2x 1541-II Floppy drives, original power adapters and data cables. One is untested. The other is my original drive, and stopped working about 5 years ago. I think it failed when I turned the power switch off then back on too fast. Pretty sure the error it gives is as follows: (for authenticity, please imagine a dark blue screen with light blue text)

Ready.
LOAD"*",8,1
SEARCHING FOR *
FILE NOT FOUND. ERROR.

Ready.

Looks like there's an Atari 2600 there too.

I'd prefer someone to come pick it up, I don't think it would survive going Postal. Currently it's south of Brisbane, 4110.

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
By
Some great stuff up for grabs here. Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't make use out of much of this stuff nor can I pick it up, but here's hoping it goes to a good home (especially that Atari!)
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
That was quick. A good home has been found, will bump this thread if it becomes available again.
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
By
Not surprised a "home" has been found. This stuff sells on ebay quite well. People must be looking for some nostalgia.
The user manual that you have there is worth an easy $10 on ebay by itself.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
all them memories coming back :) I had c64 and Atari growing up.
don't know what happened to it though!
By
Glad you found a home for these, they're definitely not getting any easier to find.

Those ex-landfill ET games will set you back hundreds of dollars these days ;)
By
Bubble Bobble!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Always wanted to find a workig atari for the man cave. We had a d*** smith wizard which was a rip off of a later atari but I think it was chucked years ago. Oldest console I have is fsirly new.. the N64, still get it out for goldeneye and mariokart sometimes
By
Mario Kart! I've been playing Mario Kart 7 on 3DS. :D I miss the GBA days though, that's what.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
I chucked mine away once I got my first pc :(. My one did have a dodgy floppy drive. Sometimes doesn't load the programs.

I remember buggy boy - a real classic. Paradroid and armalyte are others. And all those cheesy arcade ports such as operation wolf, chase hq etc...
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
No+Pro wrote:We had a d*** smith wizard ...
Ha! Unnecessary censorship wins again.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
ah man, i have the Big Boy Pants version of UEGA
By
No+Pro wrote:Always wanted to find a workig atari for the man cave. We had a d*** smith wizard which was a rip off of a later atari but I think it was chucked years ago. Oldest console I have is fsirly new.. the N64, still get it out for goldeneye and mariokart sometimes
love the censor on here
By
 Post a reply
Go