Login RegisterFAQ
Dreadnought location?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Not particularly expecting a reply to this one as it is such a wonderful location.

I am fairly sure from what I've read that it runs underneath a hockey field and that access is via a manhole but past that I have no idea.

PMs only if you do know something.

Thank you.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
If you visit it you will probably die.
By
aydun wrote:If you visit it you will probably die.
Heard its a sewerage overflow or something so probably.
By
Echo wrote:
And you're still keen? :lol: A faint wiff of sewage overflow is enough to stop me. *shudders*
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:
Echo wrote:
And you're still keen? :lol: A faint wiff of sewage overflow is enough to stop me. *shudders*
The pictures look too cool to miss.
It's like the size of a football field, 2 stories high, with lights that you can turn on and it's all underground... Sounds epic.
By
Okay, that IS pretty cool. *admits* I've never been inside a truly epic drain good enough to make me happy about being wet. Haha.
By
Does it exist? Who's to say,
Do the lights still work, no.

You're not the first person to ask on this forum, I'll tell you what I told the last person:
Nick wrote: I'd advise against the last thing you mentioned for the fact that you're a life form that breathes oxygen.
By
Nick wrote:Does it exist? Who's to say,

You're not the first person to ask on this forum, I'll tell you what I told the last person:
Nick wrote: I'd advise against the last thing you mentioned for the fact that you're a life form that breathes oxygen.
So the air down there isn't so good? Ok added respirators to my checklist. Thanks.
By
Echo wrote:

So the air down there isn't so good? Ok added respirators to my checklist. Thanks.
Respirators will filter out particles, but will not help in a low oxygen atmosphere such as this.

Breathing apparatus is what you need.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Echo wrote:

Often I go SCUBA diving with respirators, when I'm underwater and there is no breathable air my respirator turns it into gaseous 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen...

I think you need to do a bit more research before attempting things like this. Respirators won't give you oxygen, actually they reduce the flow of air to you to a certain extent. Particular filters (such as the "respirators" you're referring too) filter out airborne particles, the higher the rating the better they are, a P2 is the minimum required to filter out Asbestos particles for example.

I'm doubtful you'd find it's location too easily, and even if you did, finding your way in is another matter, and you might open it to find it full to the brim with poopies.

There's a "way" of doing things like this, without lying dead on the floor of a sewer. Learn from people who know, don't just post things on fourms,
By
Echo wrote: The pictures look too cool to miss.
It's like the size of a football field, 2 stories high, with lights that you can turn on and it's all underground... Sounds epic.
What if you turn on the wrong switch and it kills you...

Like what was mentioned before it's not worth the risk. We aren't trying to scare you. Move on.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Keep in mind that you would also need a heavy investment in equipment. The neighbours are known to be very touchy about sounds coming from that area, so no ventilation.

Probably better off investing all that money in camera gear. Yum. A7ii.
By
It is also alarmed, allegedly.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I'd rather explore this kind of dreadnought. Haha.

I wonder if there are any in Australia.
By
Midget wrote:I'd rather explore this kind of dreadnought. Haha.

I wonder if there are any in Australia.
There's actually none remaining with exception of the USS Texas.

Partly due to the Washington treaty of 1922 (which forced nations to scrap capital ships) and World War II.

Which meant that treaty was a bit of a waste as well - WWII still happened.

Hooray Uncle Sam for wasting taxpayer dollars!!!

One thing when you learn about history at school - humanity never learns from past lessons.

Back to topic - I think this place should more appropriately called the "Gas Chamber"
By
theedge wrote:[

Back to topic - I think this place should more appropriately called the "Gas Chamber"
Gas Chamber is already the name of a drain feature & bridge room. Melbourne has so many excellent things we've doubled up on names.
By
I've been to dreadnought now guys. Was awesome. And deathstar too ;)
By
Pics pls.
By
Got any pics?

Edit: Beaten.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Got any pics?
aydun wrote:Pics pls.
Went with CC and still haven't got a new phone (getting one for my birthday on Sunday) so unfortunately no pics. Definitely not locations you can access by yourself is all I'll say.
By
Echo wrote:
d0dg3r wrote:Got any pics?
aydun wrote:Pics pls.
Went with CC and still haven't got a new phone (getting one for my birthday on Sunday) so unfortunately no pics. Definitely not locations you can access by yourself is all I'll say.
Excuses excuses.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
We all expect pics after you get your phone. Or even better, get a decent camera. =P
By
I'll speak for Titan

"Pics or it didn't happen" :)
 Post a reply
Go