Login RegisterFAQ
I'm looking for abandoned buildings in and around the CBD
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Looking at exploring CBD abandoned buildings tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas.
By
Hi. Welcome to UEGA. As a fairly amateur explorer (less than 50 explores) I cannot say I am familiar with any abandos in the CBD and to be honest most of the people on here who are keep it close to their chest. All the same I wish you luck with your endeavours and I hope that should you find something of interest you will post some photos or a story up about it ;)
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Unless you have any places in mind, probably expect to do a lot of walking :P

Try Google maps and Street View before you head out, to get some ideas of places that may be of interest.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
aydun wrote:Unless you have any places in mind, probably expect to do a lot of walking :P

Try Google maps and Street View before you head out, to get some ideas of places that may be of interest.
That has to be the most helpful response to a first time poster asking for freebies that I've seen on here, well done aydun
By
No+Pro wrote:
aydun wrote:Unless you have any places in mind, probably expect to do a lot of walking :P

That has to be the most helpful response to a first time poster asking for freebies that I've seen on here, well done aydun
lol thanks, I think.
By
With StreetView, take note of when the imagery was taken... it can be anywhere from 2007 to November last year. I'm not sure anything more recent has been processed yet. StreetView car was all over Melbourne last month.
By
You could also use WikiPlaces or POI Viewer - both allow you to search for abandonments, though I haven't tried them for Oz.
By
Crispex wrote:With StreetView, take note of when the imagery was taken... it can be anywhere from 2007 to November last year. I'm not sure anything more recent has been processed yet. StreetView car was all over Melbourne last month.
StreetView is awesome for taking a closer look at at manholes, outfalls and buildings and stuff, great source of information, doesn't often matter old the image is, gives some idea what to expect anyways... I found the image of myself working on StreetView at Fremantle from about a year ago... Funny stuff- seek and ye will find.... :mrgreen:
The explorer in the west................
By
What happened to you all? So bloody helpful. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
And he never even returned after making his post :'(
By
aydun wrote:And he never even returned after making his post :'(
And you were so helpful. It's okay, we're all here for you.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
 Post a reply
Go