Login RegisterFAQ
1960s time capsule.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I don't want to ruin too much of this guy's write up by doing a half assed copy and paste to the forums, so I'll just post a little bit. Here's the link to his original post.
Also recommend checking out this dude's Flickr, Facebook,and website.

'The sight upon entering this house is eerie, breathtaking……weird. There is the usual smell of decay and years of abandonment that one comes to expect in this hobby—-but to walk into a room and see so many possessions and belongings still in exactly the place they were meant to be, was unsettling.'

'I lifted the lid to this “wooden thing” to learn that I was standing before an early 20th century Gramophone, complete with a turn crank on the side, replacement needles and wipes to clean the records and it was spotless. I was so taken aback by what I was seeing and capturing photos of it that I didn’t even think to drop the needle, turn the crank and let the music play from her speakers one more time – this is my biggest regret and this is my reason to return some time soon.'

By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
This is truly amazing, I would so love to wonder through that place! imagine cranking up that gramophone, play a tune on that old piano. seeing what life was like in the 60s.
thanks for sharing :D
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Is this an abandoned place somewhere?
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:Is this an abandoned place somewhere?
Yussss, but not local to us, unfortunately
By
Rantallion wrote:
Echo wrote:Is this an abandoned place somewhere?
Yussss, but not local to us, unfortunately
:( I'm saddened
Wander often. Wonder always.
 Post a reply
Go