Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys I'm fairly new to the Urbex 'scene' and I was looking for some pointers. I am 14 years old with an Instagram so half of you already don't like me :P anyway, I have been called "toy" and all that other stupid stuff. My start to urban exploration was really every single drain in eastwood and the Hercules pillars drains along with the Novotel rooftop, ibis and some random building I wondered if I could get into. Now this part will piss some of you off but I have and sometimes still do partake in things like 'popping ridgeys' which is breaking into the guards compartment and hanging out the side of the train, lol. In the end I was just looking for any tips on how to improve my Urbex skills. thanks
Last edited by aussiemacka on 26 Jan 2015, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Where is the dislike button???
By
Barnz wrote:Where is the dislike button???
Oh you can't find it too? I thought it was just me. Better get Titan to fix this forum glitch.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
On a serious note my advice to you is don't act like a twat. Coming onto a forum like this and posting what you just posted does not make a good first impression. Truth be told we don't need to know that you like breaking into trains, that has nothing to do with urbex and was obviously just written to show us how 'cool' you are. Which we really couldn't care less about.
The impression you gave me personally was that you're too immature to be doing urbex and maybe you should just go back to your toy trains.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
:/ I'm not trying to show off or anything as I can see you guys don't like it, it's really the people I have started it with are the 12 year olds with dslrs
By
you ain't urbex unless you do kick outs errday
By
well I don't do the stupid train s*** anymore
By
aussiemacka wrote::/ I'm not trying to show off or anything as I can see you guys don't like it, it's really the people I have started it with are the 12 year olds with dslrs
We've just learned to be more cautious with our exploring as leaving any traces or any kind of vandalism tends to close places up just as fast as terrorism. Since we all love exploring, we're a bit miffed when others break the rules within the rule-breaking. :lol: As long as you explore for interest and not to show how cool you are to your mates by racing trains down tunnels, you'll be fine.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
:D from what I've seen on the website you guys seem more of the types of Urbex I would enjoy
By
fbthumbsup.jpg
By
12 year olds shouldn't have DSLRs and to be quite honest I think you're going to have trouble finding people happy to explore with a 14yr old.
By
too true
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Good for you aussiemacker, for getting away from screens and exploring your surroundings. Urbex is not new, neither is risk taking, people have been doing it for centuries.
Tips- don't carry too much gear, always have a torch and water.act like you should be there, don't look shifty. If you get caught,be polite and apologise. Sometimes we go where we shouldn't go to take photos. If you get caught or hurt don't blame anyone else, be responsible for your own actions.
I have taken my 14 year old with me to places, how else will they see or know about the past unless we show them? Enjoy your exploring, there's plenty to see if you look for it:)
By
kontour10 wrote:12 year olds shouldn't have DSLRs and to be quite honest I think you're going to have trouble finding people happy to explore with a 14yr old.
I wish my younger brother would ask me to borrow one of my DSLRs. :( Teach him photography so he can be boss. But a DSLR != risk-taking. Rather urbex itself might encourage younger ones to take unrealistic risks to take photos and show off.
 Post a reply
Go