Login RegisterFAQ
Fire Escapes? + Random Urbex shenans
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Yoo, was just wondering what experience anyone's had /w fire escapes?

Most doors say on them that they're alarmed & a penalty blah blah, but I've heard from mates at work that some doors just say 'ALARMED' and aren't alarmed at all? At my mates work, his boss just uses the fire escape all the time, yet it has 'ALARMED, $400 FINE etc etc.'

Just wondering what experiences you guys've had?

Yeah, pretty much me and a mate checked out 3 different apartment style blocks to try and head up to the top for some pics but all 3 fire escapes were either locked or alarmed? Contemplating whether to just burst in the f*****g leg it if it goes off? Any advice would be siiiick, new to rooftops ;)
By
Some are, some aren't. There's no advice to give.
By
On the contrary; my advice would be to assume they all are.

And work on your cardio ;)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Why don't you just open a door and find out.. ?
By
All the ones I have been in, have not been alarmed (unless it was silent), they are all residential buildings though, so others may be different.
Just assume there is an alarm and get ready to get out. If you go in, check the door for sensors that would actually set off an alarm anyway.

If you are in, make sure the door wont lock behind you. A lot allow you in, but will not let you out, so prop it open with something.
I've been stuck 30+ floors up before, so you'll want to check unless you enjoy flights of stairs.
(oh and for rooftops, it seems that more have been locked up recently so going up the fire exit isnt always possible to get on the roof)
By
Taco wrote:oh and for rooftops, it seems that more have been locked up recently
I wonder why?
By
This was even before terrorist threats and other stuff, so I'm not sure really
By
Because rooftops are the coolest! Tell me where they are lad and how to get on them. I'll hit you up on instagram eshay.
By
Taco wrote:This was even before terrorist threats and other stuff, so I'm not sure really
Hm. Maybe it's the hundreds and hundreds and thousands and thousands of images scattered all over the internet and Instagram of easily** recognisable rooftop locations that are up on the web for everyone and anyone to see? These types might include taggers, vandals and security.

Maybe..
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Or maybe it's due to the fact that there's a large amount of little kids posting photos all over the internet and going up to these roofs with everyone they've ever had contact with... The ones who ruin it always seem to be the ones complaining about it..
By
In_out wrote:Or maybe it's due to the fact that there's a large amount of little kids posting photos all over the internet and going up to these roofs with everyone they've ever had contact with... The ones who ruin it always seem to be the ones complaining about it..
Aren't you 14/15?
By
f1ex wrote:
In_out wrote:Or maybe it's due to the fact that there's a large amount of little kids posting photos all over the internet and going up to these roofs with everyone they've ever had contact with... The ones who ruin it always seem to be the ones complaining about it..
Aren't you 14/15?
He's 16. I read this post a few times and still can't quite make sense of it
By
most fire escapes aren't alarmed, the alarm is usually let off by either security or staff of the building.
By
Fire escapes are mostly a dead end these days, especially for buildings with rooftops that would actually be worth it.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
 Post a reply
Go