Login RegisterFAQ
Abandoned Aircraft?? - Page 3
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
We're being taken for a ride unfortunately.
It's this Grumman Tracker, at the aircraft museum in Caloundra:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/1545713/
"At the Queensland Air Museum. Former instructional airframe from Nowra, delivered to Australia in 1966. Made only one flight for the RAN, on May 4th, 1967."
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:We're being taken for a ride unfortunately.
It's this Grumman Tracker, at the aircraft museum in Caloundra:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/1545713/
"At the Queensland Air Museum. Former instructional airframe from Nowra, delivered to Australia in 1966. Made only one flight for the RAN, on May 4th, 1967."
Yeah true sorry about that man. Not too sure why she told me it was on a mountain?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
No worries! It's all good.
I was trying to find out what kind of plane it was. I googled "high wing twin engine aircraft" (as far as I could gather from the pic), and found out what it was. Then I googled "Grumman tracker queensland" and images revealed it was the one.

I'm basically like CSI ;)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Any updates and anyone know of any other wrecks in the QLD area. I live near Amberley so the mountain ranges nearby should be a good place for aircraft wrecks? Any info?
By
ProudKerman wrote:Any updates and anyone know of any other wrecks in the QLD area. I live near Amberley so the mountain ranges nearby should be a good place for aircraft wrecks? Any info?
now that's positive thinking!
By
ProudKerman wrote:Any updates and anyone know of any other wrecks in the QLD area. I live near Amberley so the mountain ranges nearby should be a good place for aircraft wrecks? Any info?
There is a really rusted, overgrown with weeds tractor sitting in the middle of a paddock out Petrie way ? ;)
By
Yeah hopefully something will come out of it. I plan to do some research into accident reports around ww2. The mountain ranges happen to be in line with the runway so that's pretty promising. Planning a 30km hunt sometime in the holidays. And I think I'll pass on that one KTO find me a rusty overgrown with weeds aircraft and we'll talk haha ;)
Will post anything I find.
By
Hi Proudkerman,
I got your pm but i'll just respond here since I've got nothing sensitive to share about it.
Basically I have no new intel on this, since the guy who had the pics is impossible to get hold of these days.
I'm reluctant to go looking for it until I can at least narrow things down by a much bigger margin - too much aimless wandering about for my liking.
Hopefully you can turn up some fresh leads, best of luck.
By
Yeah I'm trying to get a hold of accident reports to see what may be out in the ranges. I'll keep everyone updated as you guys seem quite interested. May be a while between updates but hang in there. Don't suppose anyone knows that ins and outs of legally recovering parts or aircraft should something be found that would benefit a museum? haha thanks for the interest guys. Post here if you find anything that may be of interest.

Regards,

Emerson
By
One more question sorry. Did you say it looked as if it were on the top of a mountain? And do you know what aircraft or can you id some features to give me an idea? Not necessarily looking for that one but it would be a nice find.
 Post a reply
Go