Login RegisterFAQ
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I've kept an eye on this story for a while now.

Australia's own aircraft bone-yard, set to have a 250 aircraft capacity is now in official use.

Only 6 aircraft are currently at the site (all commercial jets, both Qantas and Jetstar). It's not exactly abandoned either, parts of the aircraft go through a process of stripping useable parts.

The article goes into more detail, I just summarised:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation ... 0m2p1.html

Maizniek.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
and i sit here asking myself.. why have i posted this in the chill out lounge..
By
I think Bradley garret infiltrated a similar space in America... Read his book
By
maizniek wrote:and i sit here asking myself.. why have i posted this in the chill out lounge..
It was in the wrong section ;) This belongs either here or Urban Exploration Discussion, depending on your intent for the thread. A mod of this section can move it to Urban Exploration Discussion if you want.
By
Dealt with.
Interesting read btw! cheers.
By
aydun wrote:
maizniek wrote:and i sit here asking myself.. why have i posted this in the chill out lounge..
It was in the wrong section ;) This belongs either here or Urban Exploration Discussion, depending on your intent for the thread. A mod of this section can move it to Urban Exploration Discussion if you want.
Cheers Aydun! I obviously wasn't paying attention lol
By
Np :)

This is pretty cool though. Shame it's so far away. Good to see they're utilising the outback!
By
Interesting article and thanks for sharing.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Thanks for sharing :)
By
I've visited a huge Military Aircraft Boneyard on a US Airforce Base in Arizona (with permission). Quite an amazing sight. Sadly, photos were not permitted.
 Post a reply
Go