Login RegisterFAQ
Exploring - the Lazy Way :)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Whenever I'm heading to a new area, I usually hit Google in advance, to see what's around.
Also Google maps at times if it's something specific.

I search the place name in quotes, with any combination of these:
tunnel, bunker, shaft, abandoned, ozatwar, cave, mine.

If there are major road tunnels around, it helps to exclude them from the search, eg. "-clem7".

Any other ideas/keywords ya'll use?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Not sure if it still works, haven't used it since about 2009 but you could try:
"Brisbane" {tunnel|bunker|shaft|abandoned|ozatwar|cave|mine|derelict|demolition|stormwater} -clem7

It helps if you first search something, look at the results THEN change your query to not include keywords using -*** (* being what ever you don't want to see, you can use this more than once e.g. "brisbane tunnel -clem7 -hungry -old -nuggs".
By
Also another helpful tool is clicking "search tools" and changing the time of the result.
Sometimes you can also change the country to Australia only but this won't always be helpful.
By
Also on google maps, you can enable 'photos' by expanding the drop down tab on the top right corner. If you search an area, and if people are reasonably accurate, you can find locations and what they look like without needing a search term. That's how I found this

urbex.com.au
By
Cool, some good tips thanks guys. Will keep this in mind.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Always help to read the usual news sources especially for new stuff without going into too much specifics:

* Sydney morning herald
* ABC news
* Local newspapers.

There's also a few apps and special google search strings on certain sites I use to get the jump on new stuff before it gets trashed by the kids and youths which I will detail in the VIP section.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Nearmaps are offering some reasonably priced packages these days. (depending on your enthusiasm level)
The explorer in the west................
By
Bangers wrote:Nearmaps are offering some reasonably priced packages these days. (depending on your enthusiasm level)
No they aren't, it's better than what they were offering (nothing) but 50mb would last me an hour, not a month, definitely not worth $100.

sixviewer is ok for free.
 Post a reply
Go