Login RegisterFAQ
AUS Tunnel Database - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
The google earth files etc. are all good tools and do have there place, but there's alot missing from them, and nothing can beat just following the natural waterways to find a hidden tunnel in the bush or under some estate.i really think if you know exactly where to just walk into something it takes a bit of the fun out of it, even if it can be frustrating.
Just my 2c for the hell of it:)
AXEL
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
dougo wrote:Honestly, finding the locations is often more fun than exploring them.

I've "found" 100+ drains in Australia and some of my fondest memories are of the Hunt :)
Well I know finding new stuff is fun, and is good. I think it is a great thing that you've found so much stuff, and you deserve kudos and credit for that. That is a genuine complement.

But some people prefer the exploring of found stuff, some people prefer a combination. Me, I like exploring mostly, but I don't have much time or money to put towards that these days.

So I'm just doing my thing and are happy for others to do their own thing.

Also, while I've said so privately, I'll say so publicly. I offer you a genuine apology for any crap or hardship I caused you, or you think I may have caused you. Even s*** I was blamed for but had nothing to do. I guess in hind sight you and I just were not going to get along due to different personalities, different ideas, different values and the fact that I just have some mental health issues. I honestly wish it were different. I see us in many ways as being rather similar, growing up in the same suburb, being born at about the same time, both having a passionate interest in exploring drains and abandoned buildings, which has continued for both of us all these years despite everything.

I guess because I am a sensitive person, I don't like being told what to do or how to run my life, have bad anxiety and don't drink, I was never going to fit into an organisation where drinking, well meant jibes and that sort of thing was the norm. Though I have to say that I did enjoy the sense of fun and belonging of the short time I was in the cave clan and the fun expos we had. As you may recall, I liked being a team player, driving around those who didn't have cars. That expo to Dwellers with you and Fil and his brothers was great, because it was just about exploring. No jibes. I could handle that.

I'm not asking for forgiveness, or even understanding. I'm just asking for the respect to let me do my thing, and let the past be the past. We're both kind of old now, and I mean that in a respectful way. I want the chance to just explore, without conflict, and to let some of my achievements shine. Stuff no one ever hears about like sending that guy in Russia a digicam which saw the first Russian UE web site ever. And paying for airfares and accommodation for people at OPEXES and the fact that I've explored a hell of a lot of stuff, a lot of which hasn't even made it into the public arena.

So yeah, sorry for the crap, lets just agree to disagree and do things our own way even if we do disagree about them eh?
Last edited by Panic! on 10 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
I've seen plenty of stuff and 'found' plenty of stuff not on that file. To me, who was ignorant of it's actual origins until a day or so ago, it was just another tool to use, thats all. No different than driving around, using google earth, using a UBD, researching data bases and council stuff (found some nice drain plans 2 days ago) and all the other stuff we all do. (is listening to info from word of mouth cheating too?)

At the end of the day, the infamous file is not exactly the be all and end all to UE. Not at all, I'm surprised how much stuff I've seen that's not even on it. Or maybe I've just got the 1st edition or something?

With just 3 drain locations for Perth, it's not exactly going to ruin the day of WA explorers wanting to 'find' their own stuff.

It is interesting how much passion people have to it, both positive and negative. It is unique for what it is, so I guess, as a demonstration of human entropy, it is better than nothing. It is what it is.

I just hope it doesn't polarise new UE people who could be working together.
By
axel wrote:The google earth files etc. are all good tools and do have there place, but there's alot missing from them, and nothing can beat just following the natural waterways to find a hidden tunnel in the bush or under some estate.i really think if you know exactly where to just walk into something it takes a bit of the fun out of it, even if it can be frustrating.
I love how if you suddenly find a huge drain outlet that you know nothing about... it's like a huge question mark standing in front of you :)
By
dougo wrote:
axel wrote:The google earth files etc. are all good tools and do have there place, but there's alot missing from them, and nothing can beat just following the natural waterways to find a hidden tunnel in the bush or under some estate.i really think if you know exactly where to just walk into something it takes a bit of the fun out of it, even if it can be frustrating.
I love how if you suddenly find a huge drain outlet that you know nothing about... it's like a huge question mark standing in front of you :)
Yeah exactly, there's nothing better for me, especially in the bush, were the concrete or blasted stone is in such contrast to the natural landscape.(example:gobbledox)My friends think I'm a little odd to spend so much time hunting, but oh we'll, their loss. I love it! :D
AXEL
By
Only the truly closed minded can't appreciate a passion, even if they don't understand the subject.
It really doesn't matter what those people think anyway ;)
By
dougo wrote: I love how if you suddenly find a huge drain outlet that you know nothing about... it's like a huge question mark standing in front of you :)
True, true. I have found about 24-25 drains myself. Some were not at all spectacular, just boring RCPs that went on forever and Became shrinkers. Others were spectacular things big enough to drive through with lots of shape changes and electrical features like the Golburne drain. That is fun. But I also love documenting them.

To me making a map is not really much different than making a location sheet.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
One of the most hilarious things was when one of the copies of the location list that I made (it even had silly little lines I'd written in the descriptions such as "In cemetery grounds. Oooooooooo... BOO!" was copied and put online.

The hilarious thing was that the guy who copied it (can't remember his name... just a nobody) used to go on and on and on and on about Copyright Infringement... if someone was talking about his website and posted an image from it, he would threaten to sue, yet the location list that I put together over 15 years had a dirty big (C) Copyright on it.

Funny how people conveniently have double standards.

The guy quit exploring a couple of years back leaving a message on his site saying how he had grown up and that going in drains was stupid and dangerous.

As I said, HILL-AIR-REE-OUS!

:roll:
By
dougo wrote:One of the most hilarious things was when one of the copies of the location list that I made (it even had silly little lines I'd written in the descriptions such as "In cemetery grounds. Oooooooooo... BOO!" was copied and put online.

The hilarious thing was that the guy who copied it (can't remember his name... just a nobody) used to go on and on and on and on about Copyright Infringement... if someone was talking about his website and posted an image from it, he would threaten to sue, yet the location list that I put together over 15 years had a dirty big (C) Copyright on it.

The guy quit exploring a couple of years back leaving a message on his site saying how he had grown up and that going in drains was stupid and dangerous.

Oh well, so much for offering an apology. The nobody you're mentioning is me obviously. Still trying to belittle people I see. Not bad for an explorer who's only ever been out of the country once. The location sheets were Predator's they had great messages on the bottom of them encouraging people to share them, with "lawyers be stuffed" written there.

Oh well, bugger ya then. Anyone want a copy of the Google Earth file? I'll be happy to give it to ya.
By
For the sake of everyone, nobody start handing out locations to just everyone. Encouraging new explorers is great but the last thing anyone wants is idiots and kids in drains or the media getting onto it and changing the game for everyone by kicking up a stink.
AXEL
By
This is better than 'days of our lives'.

whats the next episode going to be? :-)

Back to reality, in a matter of weeks, the first 4 people to invite me somewhere to explore (I've never been involved with UE groups before) were.
1. Dougo 2. Titan 3. Panic 4. CC Syd.

Thats my reality, and that's all I care about. Fark the BS.
By
Panic! wrote:
dougo wrote:One of the most hilarious things was when one of the copies of the location list that I made (it even had silly little lines I'd written in the descriptions such as "In cemetery grounds. Oooooooooo... BOO!" was copied and put online.

The hilarious thing was that the guys who copied it (can't remember his name... just a nobody) used to go on and on and on and on about Copyright Infringement... if someone was talking about his website and posted an image from it, he would threaten to sue, yet the location list that I put together over 15 years had a dirty big (C) Copyright on it.

Oh well, so much for offering an apology. The nobody you're mentioning is me obviously. Still trying to belittle people I see. Not bad for an explorer who's only ever been out of the country once. The location sheets were Predator's they had great messages on the bottom of them encouraging people to share them, with "lawyers be stuffed" written there.

Oh well, bugger ya then. Anyone want a copy of the Google Earth file? I'll be happy to give it to ya.

Come on guy can we keep it to pm's??????All you will do is involve everyone else and make yourselves look bad and as for everyone else if I was you I wouldn't get in between them.
By
I'm sorry but this guy is asking for me to respect his yearning to explore... I will mention one thing that he has done - the most recent.

Before he shut down his site he pointed the title page to my house (which included my address) - my pregnant wife and two year old daughter were in this house alone for most days.

I know the chances are that nothing would happen but there are a lot of nutters in the U.E. scene and Panic! has been on a "Doug is to blame for everything in my life that has gone wrong" campaign for years and some nutters may listen to his s***.

All the times Panic has called the police or tried to turn things to s*** or even the time he took me to court to get an intervention order (which are easy to get and yet he failed - he'll tell you I lied but the Judge didn't believe Panic when he said I was getting into the Telstra Pit and hacking his phone)... all of that is nothing compared to involving my family. I hate to think what I would have done if anything had of happened to my family or my house.

He'll make an excuse saying that someone else did it... someone hacked his website... he never takes it on the chin... it's his style... weak as piss.

Ask around, this is about the fifth rebirth of Gunny/Silk/Jonathon Littel/Enigma/Panic etc...
and each time he turns so much of the scene to s***.

I promised Titan that I would leave UEGA if it came to this so I will shut my account now (or change the password to something random if I can't shut it).

I really liked UEGA but you don't deserve this s***.

If any of you are visiting Melbourne then shoot me an email to doug@caveclan.org and I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Doug

PS. I couldn't care if the drain location lists were given out with McDonalds Value Meal Deals at Drive-Through :)
By
Yeah that's not good. I would feel the same way if someone involved my family in nonsense like that. Most uncool!
By
It is a low act what he did but a snake can't hide his stripes forever.
By
Days of our lives indeed.

Hmm, you've just read some stuff about me written by some one who does not like me. So yeah, of course it must be true.

Yes I put his address online,after he put mine online, and my contact details online, and came around and put cave clan stickers on my front door, then later filled my letter box with tomato sauce and then later jumped up and down on my car's roof doing hundred's of dollars of damage and tagged it with the cave clan logo. He also published Alien's and Edgar's addresses in Il'Draino magazine as well. I can assure you, nothing I ever did to Doug was anything he haddn't already done to me in spades.

Yes, in the past Doug and I didn't get along. I've apolagised for that repeatedly, both in public and private. But there has been fault on both sides,and both sides made it personal. I have been seeking reconciliation for years, and still hope that can be achieved one day. This is why I'm not going to make it worse by listing what Doug has done, or responding to his accusations beyond this. I will say though that I take my personal safety seriously, and of course if someone threatens me, or does actual physical harm, then of course I'll take it to the police, like most people do. I can assure people it wasn't a case of over reacting, I didn't start it and I didn't push first. I'm also not the only person he's tried to kill. He tried to strangle Predator in Levithan drain in Melbourne. Pred wrote that incident up in his online journal.

I would hope that anyone forming opinions about me can ignore anything written about me by people with a vested interest in destroying my reputation, and instead form them when we meet and explore.

Anyway,I'm going to take a week off. My missus is ill and I need to focus on her.
By
I assume everyone is telling the truth, untill they show me otherwise. Lying is for morons. Your side is not cool either! Sounds like bad times all round, better forgiven and forgotten.

Sorry to hear your wife is sick.
By
You are the boy who cried wolf. I told you to keep it to pm's. Nobody care's about your love triangle with doug go have a sook somwhere else. All your are doing is causing trouble, this is a forum for exploring not for trying to work out your problems.

You have been kicked off UER and various other forums, including your own, for doing this sort of stuff and you are not going to be doing it here.
Panic! wrote:Days of our lives indeed.

Hmm, you've just read some stuff about me written by some one who does not like me. So yeah, of course it must be true.

Yes I put his address online,after he put mine online, and my contact details online, and came around and put cave clan stickers on my front door, then later filled my letter box with tomato sauce and then later jumped up and down on my car's roof doing hundred's of dollars of damage and tagged it with the cave clan logo. He also published Alien's and Edgar's addresses in Il'Draino magazine as well. I can assure you, nothing I ever did to Doug was anything he haddn't already done to me in spades.

Yes, in the past Doug and I didn't get along. I've apolagised for that repeatedly, both in public and private. But there has been fault on both sides,and both sides made it personal. I have been seeking reconciliation for years, and still hope that can be achieved one day. This is why I'm not going to make it worse by listing what Doug has done, or responding to his accusations beyond this. I will say though that I take my personal safety seriously, and of course if someone threatens me, or does actual physical harm, then of course I'll take it to the police, like most people do. I can assure people it wasn't a case of over reacting, I didn't start it and I didn't push first. I'm also not the only person he's tried to kill. He tried to strangle Predator in Levithan drain in Melbourne. Pred wrote that incident up in his online journal.

I would hope that anyone forming opinions about me can ignore anything written about me by people with a vested interest in destroying my reputation, and instead form them when we meet and explore.

Anyway,I'm going to take a week off. My missus is ill and I need to focus on her.
By
ban em both,this is not the place for this s***
By
I'd like to apologise for my ignorance and naievity. I had no idea.
By
binjuice wrote:You are the boy who cried wolf. I told you to keep it to pm's. Nobody care's about your love triangle with doug go have a sook somwhere else. All your are doing is causing trouble, this is a forum for exploring not for trying to work out your problems.

You have been kicked off UER and various other forums, including your own, for doing this sort of stuff and you are not going to be doing it here.
Hey man, give me a break will ya. I agree, this forum is not for sorting out problems. I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't post here after doug did. I could say nothing and people would take what he said as being true, or I could say something and be damned for posting here anyway. I tried to reconcile things in PMs and keep them off of here. If you have mod powers I'm sure you can read my PMs to doug and can see they are all conciliatory. I don't want any of this crap,I just want to explore.

Also, I specifically asked Av of UER to close my account, as back in the day it wasn't possible to. He listed me as banned after telling me there was no way of closing the account and asking me if I wanted to leave it open or be listed as being banned. It was my choice. As for my own forum, it closed when my site closed.

Again, I'm sorry for the dramas, I really just want to explore. Please don't take any stuff you've heard about me at face value if you hear it from people other than me.
By
I don't go through your's or anyone else's private mesg's nor did I know I could or can your mesg's are exactly that private.
Past is the past lets explore and put this behind us and move on. You
are welcome here just like any other explorer is no disrespect ment towards you.
By
binjuice wrote:I don't go through your's or anyone else's private mesg's nor did I know I could or can your mesg's are exactly that private.
Past is the past lets explore and put this behind us and move on. You
are welcome here just like any other explorer is no disrespect ment towards you.
Thank you, I really appreciate that.
By
Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives
By
PHP forum software doesn't allow the owners and administrators of forums, let alone a simple moderator to 'read' pm's.

Rest assured that no-one is reading anything.
 Post a reply
Go