Login RegisterFAQ
Railcorp question
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
If there are no fences/signs/gates etc denoting ownership, how close to train tracks is railcorp property and no longer public land?
urbex.com.au
By
timdole wrote:If there are no fences/signs/gates etc denoting ownership, how close to train tracks is railcorp property and no longer public land?
I'm sorry officer. I was just taking photos. I don't have any paint or markers. I'll be more careful not to get too close to the tracks in future etc...

is probably be more effective than arguing whether it's railcorp or public land.
By
Yeah, I reckon it's one of those 'beyond all reasonable doubt' things, but was curious if anybody knows if there is an exact rule?
urbex.com.au
By
"I saw a dog running towards the tracks and wanted to stop it officer"

"But what is the camera and tripod for"

"Erm....."
By
bird watchin'
we're all just bird watchers, looking for birds that hang out next to railways, drains and abandos
There are a few abandos up this way that are heaven for pigeon enthusiasts
Sometimes I spin some lights and/or steel wool in an attempt to attract more of them, but I suspect that it has the opposite effect - none of my pics actually have any birds in them :?
By
No+Pro wrote:we're all just bird watchers
I always take a photo of trees or something, if I ever needed to back up this story :P
urbex.com.au
By
There is no exact rule, though there would be a minimum size of the easement.
Some corridors could be 50-100m wide to allow for sidings etc., fenced or not.
Google maps should show such easements and boundaries.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
A typical Google Maps shot of a railway line, showing the easement.
It should appear like this whether a fence exists or not.
If you have decent phone service at the point in question, bring up your position and check it out.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks Nugs.
So that means the track that leads to the spot I was curious about is the inner boarder of the eastment, huh...
urbex.com.au
 Post a reply
Go