Login RegisterFAQ
Trespassing - selling images
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi folks I'm not sure if this has been addressed somewhere else in the forum, I couldn't find it if so. just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this.

I access someones property (not by forced entry of course) take a few shots on my camera and then people want to buy them.

What is the law in Australia with regards to trespassing etc and image sales.
Can one actually be taken to task over it ?

I have my own ideas on this but interested in others experience and thoughts.

Thanks
By
urbex.com.au
By
Not sure.

But I think if someone recognises the photo and where it is taken, or say if the rail authority saw a pic taken from rail property and they don't like that - then it could work against you.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
^
You hold the copyright to the photo, so you're free to do what you want with it.
Buuuuut, it can obviously be incriminating. If the owner of the property decides to take you to court, you're practically supplying them with evidence against you.
By
Shite !! That site is insane !!

Talk about putting it out there. Thanks for sharing that link.

What i am doing is not even close to that.
By
One of those images is in the front window of a paint supply shop in the inner west.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Tonka and I went to an exhibition this guy (trespassing guy) had in Glebe a couple of weeks ago. We wondered the same thing, given he was selling shots of people painting branded trains, and had lengthy descriptions of getting there, waiting in bushes for security, etc etc.
You can't walk along a barbed wire fence with a foot in each paddock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94677994@N03/
 Post a reply
Go