Login RegisterFAQ
Cats in an Abandoned Building (Redfern)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I also found this today, just saw it from Redfern station. I saw a fenced up abandoned building covered in graffiti and went in closer for a look.

Very suprisingly I saw a lot of cats there roaming around.

Has anyone else been to this site? It's right next to 'The Block', the building with the huge aboriginal flag painted.

By
We had a party on the roof of that abandoned day-care centre overlooking the railway lines last year, be careful around there at night if you're not a local and/or not of aboriginal backround.

I like 800m from there.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
blakjak wrote:We had a party on the roof of that abandoned day-care centre overlooking the railway lines last year, be careful around there at night if you're not a local and/or not of aboriginal backround.

I like 800m from there.
You've literally been everywhere...
By
Yeah that's my local area, lived around there all my life, but trust me there's 1000's of locations I haven't been. This one in particular was a fluke, we used it to recon the Redfern Tunnels but there was trackwork so we had an impromptu party on the roof (it's like a BBQ area). There is a hole on the southern fence near the wall protecting the railway lines.

Did you get my PM?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
They've blocked up all the stairwells. Getting to the top now requires some climbing.
By
Lol pic 5. Cat jail, where they belong:)
By
Barnz wrote:Lol pic 5. Cat jail, where they belong:)
Except for my cat! :(
By
Went here a few weeks ago not much in,there stairwells aren't blocked anymore but access to the roof is nearly impossible but if you go to the grass behind the building you will have access to the abandoned house next door through the houses backyard be careful as the house may be full of asbestos it smelt like it...
By
wtf does asbestos smell like?! don't go sniffing it to tell me, i'll take your word for it
By
You can smell asbestos? Do you have superpowers?
By
By being able to smell it I mean the old smell buildings have when there's a large amount of gyprock/asbestos around also found it difficult to breathe in there which is what I meant aha
By
So your house smells the same? There's a good chance your walls are gyprock.
By
Hard smell to explain
By
Hard smell to smell.
 Post a reply
Go