By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Fake palm tree mobile phone towers!
Have seen a couple around Brisbane.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:Fake palm tree mobile phone towers!
best idea ever!

in sydney there are skyscrapers are built over 100 year old pump house sites and the pumps now reside in the sub basements of those buildings, its the closest thing i can think of
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
i get around like sushi on a kaiten
By
Oh yeah, there's a fake palm on the south side of sundale bridge G.C.
A mate pointed it out a few years back, I've never noticed it before and now it bugs me.
By
Spoz wrote:This is the closest I know of.

Reverse camouflage. A house that looks like a substation. :roll:

Ha nice - reminds me of people repurposing old German Flak towers for accomodation and indoor climbing facilities. Still - living in an old pump/electical substation - sounds like Urbex geek's wet dream.
By
There's a few around the place. That one was recently/still is maybe on the market for around $2mil.

I recall another water reservoir in Brisbane that sold recently too, it had been converted into a nice open plan house.
By
There's an old substation in Sydney that's been turned into a block of flats.
By
twokick wrote:in sydney there are skyscrapers are built over 100 year old pump house sites and the pumps now reside in the sub basements of those buildings, its the closest thing i can think of
Holy cow, really? Have you been there? :shock:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:
twokick wrote:in sydney there are skyscrapers are built over 100 year old pump house sites and the pumps now reside in the sub basements of those buildings, its the closest thing i can think of
Holy cow, really? Have you been there? :shock:
yes sir. Had a very interesting conversation with a very startled sydney water maintenance man at 1am 5 floors down
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
By
Wow. Mebbe I PM you. :D
By
There's a substation in the city which is being incorporated into a new building going up soon. The lobby won't be on the ground floor becuase of it, but it's a pretty cool design.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:There's a substation in the city which is being incorporated into a new building going up soon. The lobby won't be on the ground floor becuase of it, but it's a pretty cool design.
How do people know about these things? You're like The Man with the Urbex Tattoo.
By
i believe something similar with the new ANZ building in the city but haven't found anything yet........
By
twokick wrote:i believe something similar with the new ANZ building in the city but haven't found anything yet........
There's a new ANZ building? Lol, breaking into bank buildings might be a little too shady. :P
By
stand on a hill and look left?
By
Spoz wrote:This is the closest I know of.

Reverse camouflage. A house that looks like a substation. :roll:
Was working nearby today and saw what I thought was a substation, then I remembered your post.
The flashy looking fence, and expensive car out the front gave it away though!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
twokick wrote:i believe something similar with the new ANZ building in the city but haven't found anything yet........
I didn't see anything like that when I had looked at the place, nor do I remember any kind of substation being there before the old buildings were demolished to make way for ANZ.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I'd rather live in a large warehouse-style studio apartment. I'm really obsessed with them for some reason.
By

old substation in Alexandria converted into a commercial premises
 Post a reply
Go