Login RegisterFAQ
Info on CUB ***, *** - ***
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Has anyone been in here yet? There's plenty of graffiti on the roof suggesting that it is/was easy to get into, however it's been almost a year since I've seen any fresh graffiti up there so I'm guessing they might have upped security and made it much harder to get into.

I just wanted to know if anyone has info regarding entry to this place because I live a good 45minute drive from here and I don't really want to travel in one night to find out that I should have brought a ladder or oxy torch or something :lol:
By
I could be wrong but from memory the inside of the building was pretty much gutted.

One could assume it is a heritage listing and will be renovated/rebuilt inside to make way for more apartments etc.
Before the whole factory was taken down it was absolutely amazing!
By
Yeah I saw the original factory, pipes etc running everywhere! I was too naive to realise it had been left abandoned and didn't even think to go exploring at that time, bit of a shame really :(

Have you heard of anyone getting inside of what is left of the brewery? As I said, it looked like it was easy about a year ago but the graffiti hasn't changed in a long time so I'm wondering if it's too tight to get into now..
By
Have not heard of anyone going in. Even if you do and the building is gutted its nowhere near as fun, no floors, rooms etc, just a big empty box.
By
Titan wrote:Have not heard of anyone going in. Even if you do and the building is gutted its nowhere near as fun, no floors, rooms etc, just a big empty box.
I know of and have seen pick's of explores from the last year or so and they made it to the top, full of bird poop they recon.
By
Binjuice any chance you could link me to these pics?
By
twisties wrote:Binjuice any chance you could link me to these pics?
only way to see them is to become a full member on UER.
By
Oh ok, thanks for the info! :)
By
There's not much inside but there's a nice view from the roof.
By
Loki wrote:There's not much inside but there's a nice view from the roof.
Such a great shame, as before it was all taken down some parts were frozen in the 80s :)
By
Yeah nothing inside, floors were still there last time I went but there are a couple deadly holes. Don't fall! Just go straight to the roof, decent view :D

I'm not sure where I put my pics from here.. So many photos and lack of organizing = death!
By
Is this still here?
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Its still there I poped out of a manhole next to the building not so long ago.
By
binjuice wrote:Its still there I poped out of a manhole next to the building not so long ago.
Dunno why, but an image of a mole came up in my mind.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
binjuice wrote:Its still there I poped out of a manhole next to the building not so long ago.
wheres the entrance/exit for the manhole, I'm out tonight to try for the roof

updates to come
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
i get around like sushi on a kaiten
By
There's on site security 24 hours I've heard.
Let us know how you go.
By
so i never quite made it into the brewery, but i did check out the next stage of development from the 7th floor of the unfinished high rise next door.

there was no permanent site guard that i could see, i was there a while, probably a rent-a-cop in a car doing laps between three other sites...

the workers though didn't leave till nearly 11:30 and after waiting an hour in the cold wind on the 7th floor i ventured home, only to find a drain in the adjacent park. the entrance about 600x600mm square metal grate revealing a stainless egress ladder to the bottom (which having not ventured down solo, at night and with cold rain looming) i could only make out a 5ft room with about a 4ft ceiling, walls completely out of view.

further past that (about 2kms) is the typical 60's round grill telstra man hole underneath a blue light was emanating revealing a 3 foot channel square carved rock and brick tunnel under the side walk.
required a manhole key to remove the manhole cover

i will still venture to make it into the brewery itself at some point in the future
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
By
twokick wrote:further past that (about 2kms) is the typical 60's round grill telstra man hole underneath a blue light was emanating revealing a 3 foot channel square carved rock and brick tunnel under the side walk.
required a manhole key to remove the manhole cover
There heaps of these along Broadway. You need more than just a manhole key to open them manhole covers, they also have very beefy locks.
And due to a former disgruntled Telstra worker (then known as Telecom) cutting some vital cables in the early 1990s which resulted in all communications in the Sydney CBD being severed for weeks (ATMs were all down too), all the Telstra tunnels are alarmed and constantly monitored. If you happen to get caught in them it is a federal charge (Telstra is Fed govt. owned) not a simple trespassing charge.
Even Telstra employees cannot access those tunnels without authorisation, and even then they are only limited to the section they will be working on.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
blakjak wrote: If you happen to get caught in them it is a federal charge (Telstra is Fed govt. owned) not a simple trespassing charge.
Even Telstra employees cannot access those tunnels without authorisation, and even then they are only limited to the section they will be working on.
Sound like Tuesday to me
By
blakjak wrote:(Telstra is Fed govt. owned)
*Used to be
By
aydun wrote:
*Used to be
It's still considered a federal dept with special laws under the communications act. But you are right the govt sold it's remaining shares a couple of year ago.
By
blakjak wrote:
aydun wrote:
*Used to be
It's still considered a federal dept with special laws under the communications act.
Source?
By
Can't find anything specific to Telstra, but it's similar to this...
Stealing from Australia Post is considered a Commonwealth Offence under the Telecommunications and Postal Services Act 1989.

https://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.a ... -offences/

One of my friends who burnt down an old Telstra public phone box was charged by the feds, and he was only 16yo at the time. Admittedly it was ages ago, but I'm sure the same law still applies.
By
blakjak wrote:Can't find anything specific to Telstra, but it's similar to this...
Stealing from Australia Post is considered a Commonwealth Offence under the Telecommunications and Postal Services Act 1989.

One of my friends who burnt down an old Telstra public phone box was charged by the feds, and he was only 16yo at the time. Admittedly it was ages ago, but I'm sure the same law still applies.
Lol, the worst I did was put one in 'out of service' mode.
No mention of Telstra on that website, I'd guess that incident happened back when Telstra was still a government organization.
By
aydun wrote:
blakjak wrote:Can't find anything specific to Telstra, but it's similar to this...
I'd guess that incident happened back when Telstra was still a government organization.
Yeah I said it was ages ago, in fact it was so long ago that it was actually called Telecom (pre 1995) lol.
 Post a reply
Go