Login RegisterFAQ
Going up a telstra tower
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink

I wanna climb that telstra tower near a place ive worked at. Its totally active, I dont know when I should climb it, daytime and risk someone seeing me? I feel good about going up at night just before sunrise and coming down so there is a little bit more light. and view.

It looks about 60meters. Ive never done something like that before but I said I would. Will it be scary? I also have to get through 2 fences to get to it but thats all.
By
Be very careful. Also make sure there aren't any antenna that can fry your skin off etc. I'd suggest you do a lot more research before attempting this. f*****g with radio towers is pretty dangerous.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
mpi wrote:I'd suggest you do a lot more research before attempting this. f*****g with radio towers is pretty dangerous.
x2
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
emits these frequencies:

freq885350000

its just a mobile phone tower, theres no antenna pointing towards the ladder ill be out of the way.
By
I'm not sure if there was meant to be an image attached, didn't work if there was.

Go for it I say, if you've never done it before i suggest that the scariest part is going to be taking the first few steps on the way down until you're on the ladder properly...

Dawn is a great time for it, radiation wise you should be fine, i'v been up those things for hours at a time with no problems..

Good luck and enjoy, and don't forget your camera!

Cheers from Bangers...
The explorer in the west................
By
Fixed the image for you. :D
By
Midget wrote:
mpi wrote:I'd suggest you do a lot more research before attempting this. f*****g with radio towers is pretty dangerous.
x2
By
x4 just coz i dont wanna break the combo haha :)
if you do go, pictures please!
By
Here's a shot off a tower doing similar frequencies, take it as a bit of encouragement....

Harmless mate, i'm still alive and well, go for it I say....
By
That pic made my palms sweaty ... im afraid of heights ;)

Reminds me of this:

Btw i do not encourage any dangerous activities by posting this pic. :)
By
That's a crack up, is that the tower in Moscow that caught fire?
By
Rusty ladders and strange gradients (ladder not parallel to attachement). Seems safe. :D
By
www.rfnsa.com.au - Look up the tower ID and see what it's opping at.

Towers aren't bad, they're directional, I've done a few myself.

But invest in climbing gear, ascenders, scaff hooks, rap racks, if you're into climbing stuff - lord knows I am - it's worth it.
By
Nick wrote:http://www.rfnsa.com.au - Look up the tower ID and see what it's opping at.

Towers aren't bad, they're directional, I've done a few myself.

But invest in climbing gear, ascenders, scaff hooks, rap racks, if you're into climbing stuff - lord knows I am - it's worth it.
Reviving old post...

I hope you radio tower climbers have had kids already or at least saved some sperm, because one sure way to make yourself sterile is to expose your kanackers to powerful electromagnetic radiation. :)
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I used to do this for work a few years ago. Contracted out to everyone though, not just Telstra.

Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
 Post a reply
Go