Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
so i have recently been watching videos on quadcopters. And was just wondering if you stayed outside of the grounds so you not technically tresspassing and flew into no go areas just for example say white bay would this still be considered tresspass?

abandoment view from quadcopter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejml0YumyDg

speed and precision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4sQkKAYqhk

also how can i get it so the video shows in post not just link thanks
its only ilegal if you get caught
By
I would imagine it would be a lot harder to prosecute somebody for flying an RC copter on their land then for walking in their land. Problem is if it flips/runs out of battery etc and lands inside, you're gonna have to walk in to get it, thus defeating the purpose. As for the videos, I know there is a tutorial, but I can't remember how.
Fun side fact, I know a guy who is programming a quadracopter to follow by his side as he walks, and to avoid trees/doorways/other people.
urbex.com.au
By
yeah they are pretty advanced they are fitted with gps and can return to within 2m from where it took off with just a push of a button. and yeah crashing or losing battery would be a b***h but atleast id have a reason to be on the grounds then.
By
Re posting a video, press the 'youtube' button in the post full reply section. It should post this
[youtube][/youtube]
place the url after the = sign in the middle
youtube]FHXHLWm3FmA[/youtube]
it links video
[youtube]FHXHLWm3FmA[/youtube]
urbex.com.au
By
cheers for that i tried with the url and youtube thing but must have stuffed it up thanks again
By
I have a 2 quads and a few planes, to my knowledge you don't really own much airspace above your land, your "airspace" only extends to the height the tallest part of your house/building (i think). Obviously this does not apply for government or military sites. We regularly fly over houses with an altitude of probably 20m or less and a few hundred meters away over fpv video. Unless your making lots of noise people don't really seem to care. You can build a quad without gps guidance for around $150 (thats how much mine was anyway) It can take a kilo of payload and if i by some bigger batteries could probably hover with a go pro for 10+ minutes for some nice Ariel videos :)
By
The explorer in the west................
By
 Post a reply
Go