Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys,

I've always taken an interest of the Paris catacombs, apparently there are kilometers of tunnels still unexplored..
I remember there was a video of a guy exploring it by himself with a digital camera and gets lost, never heard from any updates so I assume he died, the creepy thing about it is that he was running; but we can't see from what.

Anybody been? I'd love to hear some stories.

-Chris
By
There are 'Cataphiles' who are there every day. From every story I've heard of friends exploring they've always bumped into other people down there. You could spend hundreds of hours in there, seeing something different every time.
There are also police who occasionally wander the catacombs trying to find people to fine.
And there are also the legal parts which can be seen on an official tour.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Most of the tunnels are just quarries. The catacombs are found within the quarries.
The locals took us to Atac first which, despite sill being great, we were a wee bit disappointed in.
[youtube]VWAhrAyPYhA[/youtube]
By
But the 14th is what many rave about...
By
Scarecrow wrote: And there are also the legal parts which can be seen on an official tour.
Went to do the tour before I got into urbex but it was cancelled as people has broken into the official tour part and graffed the place. Was very disappointed.
If I knew what I did now, I would just do the "unoffical" tour.
By
I've been in them (on guided tour) and they were amazing. Bones f*****g EVERYWHERE. There were some closed off areas that I wished I could have just gone into and explore. There's thousands and thousands of dead bodies in them.. and a few other interesting artefacts, like a well which the workers used to drink from and carvings of buildings in stone.
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
You can do the tour
or you can go explore :P
By
dougo wrote:But the 14th is what many rave about...
@1.36, the ol glowstick in the billycan lantern trick
urbex.com.au
By
Great stories so far and love the videos, rhubard king do you mean people who explored that died or from history when they had to bury them?
id love to go one day..anybody know how to contact these people that do tours? That would be my dream urbex site.
By
Christo454 wrote:Great stories so far and love the videos, rhubard king do you mean people who explored that died or from history when they had to bury them?
id love to go one day..anybody know how to contact these people that do tours? That would be my dream urbex site.
The remains of people nearly all of them were relocated from overcrowded cemeteries and dumped into the quarries (aka the catacombs). Will ask my wife who to contact regarding the actual tours - we had a girl from sydney conduct our tour. If you go I highly recommend going through a guided tour rather than buying a ticket and going through on your own through there, the reason being that the guided tour skips a line-up outside that is said to take several hours.
I'll see if I can track down the pictures we took too and post them up.

Oh some words of advice:
Use the toilet across the road from the entrance BEFORE going in ;)
When you get out of the exit there's also a sweet little souvenir shop which sells great french absinthe, if that's your thing.
The paris catacombs is one place I actually would never explore on my own from illegal entry, because if the torch goes out, or you get lost, you are probably going to end up being one of the dead bodies in there.
By
By
rhubarb_king wrote:
Christo454 wrote:Great stories so far and love the videos, rhubard king do you mean people who explored that died or from history when they had to bury them?
The remains of people nearly all of them were relocated from overcrowded cemeteries and dumped into the quarries (aka the catacombs). Will ask my wife who to contact regarding the actual tours - we had a girl from sydney conduct our tour. If you go I highly recommend going through a guided tour rather than buying a ticket and going through on your own through there, the reason being that the guided tour skips a line-up outside that is said to take several hours.
I'll see if I can track down the pictures we took too and post them up.

Oh some words of advice:
Use the toilet across the road from the entrance BEFORE going in ;)
When you get out of the exit there's also a sweet little souvenir shop which sells great french absinthe, if that's your thing.
The paris catacombs is one place I actually would never explore on my own from illegal entry, because if the torch goes out, or you get lost, you are probably going to end up being one of the dead bodies in there.
sweet thanks matethats really good info.
haha! Yeah the thought of dying alone down there alone gives me the shivers..
 Post a reply
Go