Login RegisterFAQ
A drain in stafford heights
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey I'm new here i just though i might share a drain i found, located in stafford heights we found this storm water drain and decided to take some photos in it, we have explored the drain for several kilometres it branches of several times but all come back to some central "rooms". there is graffiti for the first few hundred meters then fairly little,some over 20 years old. Many of the smaller tunnels have unexplored written on them from previous explorers but we have explored them all now. Its pretty fun if you have a hours or 2 to explore, after about 1 km there is a drain on the side of the road you can climb out of if your strong enough to open the grate from the inside( its very cramped) there are other drains like this you can get out of deeper in. If you keep going in it eventually gets to about 50cm in diameter, we used skateboards lying down to go a 1km or 2 further in but since it didn't look like it was getting any bigger we turned around and came out. heres some photos: http://imgur.com/a/xrey0
By
Interesting, i was ment to do this on sunday. When did you go?
By
this was a few weeks ago
By
Looks like practically every drain in Canberra. Double RCPs with cross-over rooms.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I took my sister in there once and we did some filming for a uni assignment she had. There used to be a lot more graf in there but the floods over the years have wash a lot of it off. I'll see if I can track down the video shot in the pre-flooding era.
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
Had a look at this one with a friend last weekend. These are some of the snaps he took. :)

http://sixtytensixtythirty.tumblr.com/

It was quite easy and goes a fair way. There were some rather old tags far up including a few CC and DS ones. This leads me to think that it may have name??? Not bad for a chilled local spot.
Gaming'N'PipeZ
By
Yeah its nice and chilled there, many of the local kids go in it we have met them a couple times in it. Did you make it as far as the large rooms?
By
We went up to the first large junction with the tag "which way?" and decided to go left as the single pipe was larger. Following that for a while we came to the tag "redgrave" then proceeded a couple hundred meters more. By this time it was around 5 and we couldnt see anything up further so decided to back it out for some H20 and to sus out another spot. Did you guys keep heading up the parallel RCP or bang a left at the first junction?
Gaming'N'PipeZ
By
sneaky, good fine man
Spades
By
This was my first drain I've done every possible option multiple times. did you find any small ones which had unexplored painted on them? We have explored all of them even the tiny ones using skateboards. Its Near my mates house so we went all the time. i have it mapped on google earth. did you find the exit grate and climb out? It goes way further then where you got to, i keeps going and eventually you get to some large junction rooms. In the second photo you posted with that pipe going through the drain is the one that takes you to the exit grate its about 50m down that section on the left.
By
there were directional tags at every cross over, maybe i should have paid more attention to them ;). nah i didnt see that grate, but we did keep going a few hundred meters past the cross over pipe. you have convinced me to give it a second chance :P. there is another drain similar to this on the northside that has some real cool features and minimal to no graf. photos will come soon.
Gaming'N'PipeZ
By
The grate is about chest height, you cave to crawl through about 3m of small pipe to get into the gutter box then lift it from the inside. Awesome tell me if you find the way out/how far you get. Sounds cool :)
By
maksillah wrote: i like your shots on tumble nice work
maksillah wrote:Had a look at this one with a friend last weekend. These are some of the snaps he took. :)

http://sixtytensixtythirty.tumblr.com/

It was quite easy and goes a fair way. There were some rather old tags far up including a few CC and DS ones. This leads me to think that it may have name??? Not bad for a chilled local spot.
drop_bear
By
maksillah wrote: It was quite easy and goes a fair way. There were some rather old tags far up including a few CC and DS ones. This leads me to think that it may have name??? Not bad for a chilled local spot.
Hard to tell just from RCP photos but I think it may be Buddy Drain. Although I would have expected photos of the grille rooms in the park if it was as they're about the most interesting feature in the thing.
 Post a reply
Go