Login RegisterFAQ
Any new abandonments in sydney NSW?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey all.
Pretty new to the urban exploration, but loving it! Have only been lucky enough to find 2 so far though......any help!?!?

Have been into the old dunlop factory, and was part of a film-clip that was filmed there! For anyone interested here's the link http://youtu.be/GhkfZMhvBH4
And just recently found the old Prestige factory on ****** rd at Northmead.
We took some photo's and video, and noticed the Cave Clan logo on our way out.
Would love to find some new places, if anyone could help out that would be awesome!
By
Hey mate, welcome to the forums.
It's not a good idea to post location details here.
Have a look through the NSW and aus urbex sections and you might come across a few things to research/look into, there should be a few that are quite easy to find.
By
hey, is the Prestige factory worth checking out? Easy access? Looks pretty well fenced on google earth.
Always carry a tripod. They're useful for smacking down junkies & scrappers.
By
yo,

you really just got to poke around for abandonments. Sure there's some commonly well known ones and all (message me if you want a few) but they are usually torn up and popular graff sites. The best abandonments are ones you scout out yourself or just hear of a friend.

SO how do you find some?

If it looks scary and has broken windows, just yolo it
Spades
By
PM'd you Mr Bolano!
By
Welcome michaelamodus

Was wondering about that factory as I noticed it on streetview early this year. If the site is clean, it might be good idea to edit your post and mask the suburb name too as I found it quite easily and googlebot can see this post. Or post in the members media section
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
It's been abandoned for over 3 years now, the whole place is trashed, every local & his dog has been in there.
Also, the reason the location was abandoned was due to toxic soil contamination, be carefull if you visit.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
@ blackjack is that the prestige factory you talking about with the soil contamination i thought it burned down thats why abandoned
its only ilegal if you get caught
By
I'm pretty sure there was only one Prestige warehouse in Northmead.
There was no fire damage when we explored it in 2011, maybe it burnt down after that?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I came across contamination on a government website when I researched it, it didn't say that's why they closed down but that would definitely be the reason.
By
Best we mention the place then if there is contamination. I just checked the info, doesn't really say much. I personally haven't been there thinking that it may have gone already.

Thanks for the tip f1ex and blakjak
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
urbex.com.au
By
timdole wrote:Re blackjack http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-factor ... 1u0ml.html
I think this is the same joint, may be wrong.
No, that's not the place. That fire was on Boundary Road and this place isn't - although you could walk there in about 14 minutes according to google maps! :D
Always carry a tripod. They're useful for smacking down junkies & scrappers.
By
urbex.com.au
By
mrbolano wrote:
timdole wrote:Re blackjack http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-factor ... 1u0ml.html
I think this is the same joint, may be wrong.
No, that's not the place. That fire was on Boundary Road and this place isn't - although you could walk there in about 14 minutes according to google maps! :D
Yep, it is pretty close, but Prestige is a pretty hi-visibility spot, right near a Maccas and a few other joints.
 Post a reply
Go