Login RegisterFAQ
Don't Lose Your Mind Expo - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Are they on this forum as well?

It was funny though because there was a lady just opposite the entrance watering her plants and trying to ignore us.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Are they on this forum as well?

It was funny though because there was a lady just opposite the entrance watering her plants and trying to ignore us.
nope - even Mist and that joined the forum only this week. I'm trying to get alot of my non-uega explorer friends onto uega too.
Spades
By
Spades wrote:...and got ridiculously drunk. So I woke up the next day very hungover and called everyone that had said they were going to the expo, gave them directions and then fell asleep. I thought Joker was going and Joker thought i was going. Miscommunication but it all worked out in the end.
Mate, you are such a lightweight. :lol:

I didn't realise that I was co-hosting, but as Titan already said, everyone seems to be busy at the moment even with last minute stuff. Anyways, sorry guys... would have loved to come.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Hey so who ended up going? I went with a bunch of non-UEGA friends around 1:30pm and bumped into two groups of people (including one group who asked if I was flex). Who did I bump into?

Pretty amazing place and it was also my first hospital. Photos to come.
That would have been me dodger, I was with another bloke whom is a first timer just like myself. Massive place with all sorts of photogenic areas, quite enjoyed it in there. Just joined the forum today, thanks to spades and joker for the hand on directions and that!
By
100k wrote:
d0dg3r wrote:Hey so who ended up going? I went with a bunch of non-UEGA friends around 1:30pm and bumped into two groups of people (including one group who asked if I was flex). Who did I bump into?

That would have been me dodger, I was with another bloke whom is a first timer just like myself. Massive place with all sorts of photogenic areas, quite enjoyed it in there. Just joined the forum today, thanks to spades and joker for the hand on directions and that!
Would've been you asking if he was me? Haha we'll have to do something soon.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Are they on this forum as well?

It wasn't 5-6 guys, it was just me and two newbie lurkers. 3 of us waited town hall steps for a while with no information from the forums or a number to call...
When I got there I saw a group of asians who I presumed were a bunch of friends loitering around, who were actually you and your mates (I didnt see the entrance you guys were standing around until after you were gone).
Titan wrote:Not really a case of no one bothering to organise, more of a everyone is busy with work and family commitments.
Well, its been over a year since the last 'official' expo at port kembla, which had a large turnout. I'm sure people would turn up at more expos if someone else was willing to organise. Unfortunately, nobody else is (except panic!), which is probably why we should just let cave clan members invite us to their expos.
By
Apologies that official expo #3 has not been set yet.

As preveously stated i for one have not had the oportunity to do so. ... Work and family commitments have been pretty full on.
As far as CC expos are concerned , anyone who is interested is more than welcome to contact CC and join in on their expos. A good chunk of leading VIP UEGA members are from CC as is, so there is no competition as such, we are all in the same boat and are happy about it :)

In saying so there is heaps of private and un official expos which get run through UEGA on regular basis.
By
Titan wrote:Apologies that official expo #3 has not been set yet.

As preveously stated i for one have not had the oportunity to do so. ... Work and family commitments have been pretty full on.
As far as CC expos are concerned , anyone who is interested is more than welcome to contact CC and join in on their expos. A good chunk of leading VIP UEGA members are from CC as is, so there is no competition as such, we are all in the same boat and are happy about it :)

In saying so there is heaps of private and un official expos which get run through UEGA on regular basis.
This is true- apart from the mishap of last Sunday, I've been hosting and going to expos at least twice a week for the last 3 months. Sunday just piled up and it was a choice between Saturday and Sunday I guess and I chose Saturday-which I do not regret in the slightest hahaha. St James' is hectick. But seriously, if you wanna just poke around or explore or even want in on some of the expos (non uega related) that happen, give me a message. Alot of you on the forum already have my number and I've met alot of you.

Sooner or later we will all bump into eachother I guess, that seems to be what happens in this sport/hobby whatever you call it. Most of the younger photographers who are very active I've bumped into, such as slickos/24-7 and some others. In order to meet the more actively exploring members, you need to actively explore yourself. Eventually fate just sorts itself out..
Spades
By
Titan wrote:Apologies that official expo #3 has not been set yet.

I can sympathize with you, Titan. A lot has been piling up for me the last few months as well. Hopefully Septmeber will give a bit of respite.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Fingers crossed :)
By
Scarotum wrote:Hopefully Septmeber will give a bit of respite.
Is that a typo or are you calling it that because you want more "me" time? :D
By
dougo wrote:
How did you even pick that up?
Edit: never mind haha
By
dougo wrote:
I see what you did there, thought flex would've picked it up though. I tip my hat to you good sir... Haha :lol:
By
Yeah, I was asking how he even saw the typo.
By
f1ex wrote:Yeah, I was asking how he even saw the typo.
Dougo ran it through the ASIO search filter at work.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:
Dougo works for ASIO?!
By
d0dg3r wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:
Dougo works for ASIO?!
Why do you think urbex in Aus has lasted so long?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
d0dg3r wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:
Dougo works for ASIO?!
Only on Mondays and Wednesdays.
By
Haha, I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg but that would be pretty damn cool if it was true.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Haha, I'm not sure if you're pulling my leg but that would be pretty damn cool if it was true.
If it were true I would have to kill you.

So that means for your own safety it's not true.
By
f1ex wrote:
100k wrote:

Would've been you asking if he was me? Haha we'll have to do something soon.
Yeah that would have been me flex, spades said you may have been in there as we entered. And yeah very keen to explore lots of new places!
 Post a reply
Go