Login RegisterFAQ
any ideas for easy places for mid 30s newbie around sydney?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
looking for some easier to access places around sydney for a unfit mid 30s man to start exploring
its only ilegal if you get caught
By
sure man. depends what you're into tho (drains, abandonments, cranes, rooftops, tunnels, etc)
Spades
By
Howdy!
Use gooogle maps/GE, search for large outfalls into creeks and rivers, or channels that disappear underground.
Footwork, poking around urban or rural areas is the go as well - good for the fitness too ;)

Play safe,
Cheers!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Thanks for replying as i only starting out i dont really have a preference yet but i am more inclinded to steer towards the drains bunkers abandoment as i not the fittest and climbing to rooftops and cranes sounds strenous lol. 20 years ago when i was into surfing we used to body board down the 'fortress' i think its known by these days
By
Take a look at the bunkers on the various headlands; North, Middle and South. Lots of publicly accessible walk-ins.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
thanks scarecrow will look into them is one of them mallabar?
By
hando wrote:thanks scarecrow will look into them is one of them mallabar?
Yep the Malabar battery is pretty extensive.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
cheers blackjack i think i have just found where to lose my urbex virginity
By
blakjak wrote:
hando wrote:thanks scarecrow will look into them is one of them mallabar?
Yep the Malabar battery is pretty extensive.
Bats can be pretty scary. Also you need some shin high boots to get into one half of the chamber nowadays (that is in the long area).
By
what the boots needed for water,snake, stop scraping shins sorry for all stupid questions
By
hando wrote:what the boots needed for water,snake, stop scraping shins sorry for all stupid questions
He's probably referring to the water, but any or all of the above apply. There are probably better alternatives, but I generally wear a pair of regular old gumboots into bunkers (or drains) as who knows what kind of chemicals have leached into the soil/water from when it was operational. Gumboots also are surprisingly good at gripping most surfaces, although not particularly good for running in should the need arise. If you get a pair of boot-cut jeans you can roll them down over the top when you are in public, which makes you look slightly less like a freak.
By
madmaw wrote: If you get a pair of boot-cut jeans you can roll them down over the top when you are in public, which makes you look slightly less like a freak.
Haha, fashion advice.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:
madmaw wrote: If you get a pair of boot-cut jeans you can roll them down over the top when you are in public, which makes you look slightly less like a freak.
Haha, fashion advice.
He he, I've taped up the tops and gone out to pubs with the gumboots on, just in case the need to URBEX strikes later in the night. Never picked up though, might be hard to explain.
By
madmaw wrote:Never picked up though, might be hard to explain.
That's because you were missing the rubber gasmask.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Steel cap boots are good, or if you want a lighter option look into Paladium shoes.
 Post a reply
Go