Login RegisterFAQ
Official UEGA #3 expo. (Gathering interest) - Page 3
By
ok, not a problem
By
Come on guys, throw us some legal noob friendly places to visit if you want this expo to go ahead :)
By
Titan wrote:Come on guys, throw us some legal noob friendly places to visit if you want this expo to go ahead :)
Are hobby is trespassing it's abit hard 8-)
By
Some criteria has been set, locations have been suggested, it should be time to decide which one to pick now, right?

Momentum seems to be slowing.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:Some criteria has been set, locations have been suggested, it should be time to decide which one to pick now, right?

Momentum seems to be slowing.
Agreed.

I vote Fortress or Eternity.

Noob friendly/easy access(to some extent)
Spades
By
I'm definitely interested!

Don't mind where we go - can tell you from my (in)experience that Fortress is fine for a complete beginner.
all the trucks unload beyond the gopher holes
By
Only problem is that if you visit Fortress as your first drain the rest just pale in comparison. Better doing boring drains first & working your way up.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I doubt anyone here are absolute newbies.
By
ironmonkey wrote:I doubt anyone here are absolute newbies.
I actually joined JUST as I started exploring. :D I think I remember some of my first few photos lying on the forum, and they're pretty embarrassing now. :lol:

"OOO! A trespassing sign. Must take photo."
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
blakjak wrote:Only problem is that if you visit Fortress as your first drain the rest just pale in comparison. Better doing boring drains first & working your way up.
The Fortress doesn't pale the rest! It was one of my first drains and I still like other smaller and shitty ones just as much too such as Cooper Park and Streamway to Heaven.

If you do a shitty drain with a beginner they go "this isn't fun, I'm not cut out for all the crawling!" "all this looks the same!" Whilst if you do a big or interesting drain they'll be hooked.
Spades
By
As I said again, Eternity is good too. It's very noob friendly, you get gritty and wet at bits and its got some historic cc graff! Moreover, someone of recent took the padlock off the park so you can literally just open the "cage grate" over to the side and climb down a ladder. (I suspect it was one of you CC peeps ;) )
Spades
By
Gotta admit you do make a good point.
By
ironmonkey wrote:I doubt anyone here are absolute newbies.
I would probably qualify as an absolute newbie...but i'm keen to start somewhere and an expo seems like a sensible place to start :)
By
So it looks like its going to be Eternity so it will have to be done at night cause its easyier are you guys happy with that?
By
Spades wrote:As I said again, Eternity is good too. It's very noob friendly, you get gritty and wet at bits and its got some historic cc graff! Moreover, someone of recent took the padlock off the park so you can literally just open the "cage grate" over to the side and climb down a ladder. (I suspect it was one of you CC peeps ;) )
Or you could just walk through the three chanels at the end...
By
Joker wrote:
Spades wrote:As I said again, Eternity is good too. It's very noob friendly, you get gritty and wet at bits and its got some historic cc graff! Moreover, someone of recent took the padlock off the park so you can literally just open the "cage grate" over to the side and climb down a ladder. (I suspect it was one of you CC peeps ;) )
Or you could just walk through the three chanels at the end...
Yeah, I highly recomend that mid winter...
By
I would rather pop the grill in front of everyone there and go in. Plus it wouldn't be newbie friendly.
By
binjuice wrote:I would rather pop the grill in front of everyone there and go in. Plus it wouldn't be newbie friendly.
I was being sarcastic.
By
I've never seen the water higher than knee to mid-thigh.

Anyway, Eternity has my vote. Has lots to offer.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Just to confirm with everyone. I did Eternity a few days ago with a largish group (please see my other post for photos and info) and the grille/gate which construes a less "wet" entry to which BlakJak is depicted in that photo^ going in from the canal side is completely open access and free. It's a simple descent on a ladder. There is all sorts of interesting structures in Eternity too.

Moreover I popped this grille thing at like 1pm on a Saturday when there were people playing soccer and stuff. It's totally cool and noobs won't have to worry to much.

also....not far away is the sexual wisdom factory. (within walking distance I'd say). The door is open on the side so once again a "noobie" entry.

all this is recent information as of three days ago.
Spades
By
sooo, i guess this isn't happening then?
Spades
By
UEGA admin team will reveal the outcome soon.

Stay tuned.
 Topic locked
Go