Login RegisterFAQ
Night shift
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Great night. Thanks Barnz and dynamite. :D
By
Some pics from last night. Ill post more later and dynamites got a good collection of shots.

To start the night we went to tupperware, being a busy evening our entrance had a car parked above it so after several sewer manholes later we locate one in the middle of the road and decide to all drop in.
Once we checked out the grill and the plastic section/old brick we head down stream until we hit tidal waters( not far past the timber in the stepirons), we now go upstream to the box section and return to the exit.
We all climb out of manhole in the street and go to the car parked nearby. Just as we get in a council ute pulls up next to the manhole two workers jump out and walk up the street, thats it we are outta here.

Next we checked out toady and aquacave but at lowtide still lots of water so topside entry it was. Went upstream upto the rcp.
How much further until the pond?
Next downstream to the slide. I have no pics of this.
We now return to exit for last destination.

2. Secret place and no graph, did find a clan sticker though.

4.Image

The level below is big, not enough light to see it all.
By
Great stuff, thanks for sharing!
By
A great night out indeed, Here's some of my pics that make the cut. Forgot my camera again!! Always a next time though.

1. A cool old spanner I found in Toadie. Been there a long time. I put it back in its place for others to find.

2. The walkway above the slide in Toadie. I thought this was pretty cool as it's not a common feature in Brissie drains.

3. Opening to the tidal pipe at the slide. Strangely, no step irons.

4. Alternate exit above the slide. Fairly certain I heard a vehicle strike the manhole though so exercise caution if you were to exit here.

5. Heading back out

6. Pepper heading back up. This was her first time dropping in from topside, she did just fine.

And now for the show stopper....

Like Demtel says, "But wait, there's more!!"

Wasting no time, Barnz heading down. He's maybe halfway here, The drop is much bigger than a phone camera can see. These step irons are quite wet and slippery too.

Looking back at the base of the ladder after the first wall

Continuing on

Time to go for now, we'll definitely be back though....

By
Great pics, and nice new location!
Hope to catch you all next time :)

Cheeers.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Awesome stuff guys! Shame I missed out on both the morning and evening sessions.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
Nice photos guys,
Keen to catch up with you next time.

I've been looking for that last place for awhile.
By
Lookin' good! Would have loved to have joined you guys but figured I should show up at my friends' housewarming -.-
That place you found looks sweet. How was the Toadie exit you took by the way? I've only ever entered from upstream.
By
The exit was no dramas at all, its in a relatively quiet spot and no cars to worry about :D
I'm not sure about the exit above the slide, as I'm pretty sure a car drove over it but I only heard the one.
By
Looks cool. Is it a reservoir?
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Nah, it's not a Reservoir, although there is one quite close to me I've been meaning to have a look at. Ever been in one yourself?
By
Dynamite wrote:Nah, it's not a Reservoir, although there is one quite close to me I've been meaning to have a look at. Ever been in one yourself?
Been in a reservoir? Quite a few actually. A couple of them being some of the oldest in Australia.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
checking out toadies very soon.. does anyone go past the slide??
By
Nice find. Aren't manhole covers like mega hard to lift from below?? How did you manage
Spades
By
I find them more akward then heavy, eg. standing on wet step irons while maintaining a good posture and pushing 50kg. If it dont budge move onto the next "safe exit".
By
No+Pro wrote:checking out toadies very soon.. does anyone go past the slide??
I personally dont know anyone whos been through the slide.
By
standing at the top of it at high tide recently, i can see why not many would have, have figured out that its another 300m to go, probably not much fun, have seen the other end
By
that damn secret location has had me stumped for months, swear i've been close.. more narrowing down to do
By
I tried entering from the outfall after i finished aquacave but sunk up so my waist in mud, Is this how everybody goes in? or is there another way?
By
Theres gotta be another way..with a lot less mud
 Post a reply
Go