Login RegisterFAQ
BJ's Big Bad Bunker Expo - this (22/6/13) weekend only - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
dougo wrote:
blakjak wrote:Which reminds me, UEGA needs more pussy.
You are!
8-)
By
s*** smash repairs they fucked my car now I have to borrow a car to come :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
By
Does it matter if it's still raining?
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Will only cancelled if it's pouring down at 7pm, although some of us are probably going out to do something either way.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Don't they teach the difference between AM & PM any more?
Joker just called me asking why I'm so late to my expo. :)
By
blakjak wrote:Don't they teach the difference between AM & PM any more?

HAHAHAAHAH!!! Aww, poor Joker
Spades
By
Expo will go ahead reagrdless of the weather, after all it's all topside. It's only water, were not made of toilet paper.
If you bring a rain jacket the most you wil get is muddy boots.

Meet at Cremourne maccas on Military Rd at 9pm unless you have already arranged to be picked up.
By
Spades wrote:
blakjak wrote:Don't they teach the difference between AM & PM any more?

HAHAHAAHAH!!! Aww, poor Joker
;(
By
Thanks again to blakjak.

Here are two pictures I found of one of the forts.

Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
What a great night. Just got home from it! Big thanks to Blackjack and Scarecrow for making it as snoith as it was :)
By
Nice find Shoe.

The bunker expo went off without a hitch. The rain was soft enough to not be an issue, everybody was there on time, & we explored some wicked historic bunkers with some nice new friends.

The locations we explored were Barbette (open to the public) & Rads at Georges Heights, & Upper Casemate, Lower Casemate (Beehive bunker), and the Georges Head gun emplacement & observation tower at Georges Head.

Was a pretty good turnout considering that it has been pissing down all day...there were 33 CC members & friends along with Binjuice (also a CC member), Boognish, Shoe, Titan (& his mate) from UEGA. Was Dodger there? I can't remember meeting him.
Thanks to everybody who came out to make it a fun night, we'll do it again soon.

PS: Titan, can't wait to see some of your pix.
By
Sorry my dinner beforehand didn't finish till late so wasn't able to attend last night. Keen to see the pictures though and hopefully I'll be able to make the next one!
By
That's ok mate, although we went till 1am so you could have showed up later if you wanted.
Hope it was a good dinner & you got laid after it because you missed a nice expo. lol

And yeah I also can't wait to see some of the pix from last nite. I was watching Titan & his mate taking some nice torch-painted long exposures.
By
Too bad I missed this due to the heavy rain at my place. Maybe I should have chanced it.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
When we got out of the cars at the first bunker at 9.45pm it was caning down, & I was wishing I was back at home watching TV with a scotch in my hand. But it settled down to a trickle a few minutes later & it stayed like that all night. I had a light rain jacket on & remained dry all night, as did most people I imagine. The walk between bunkers was a bit damp (2 inch deep puddles in places), but those with boots on went home with dry socks, the Nike brigade didn't.
I always recomend wearing sterdy boots (steelcaps) when exploring old locations. Not only are they waterproof up to your ankle, but they also stop rusty nails from puncturing your foot (Tetanus anyone?).

Can't wait to see the group pix taken in Upper casemate, a few rough mugs in that one (me being one of them). lol
By
Here are the two group shots I took inside Upper Casemate and the gun circle at Georges Heights TGB.

I think that might be one of the biggest bunker expos we've put on.

Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I've done a ninja vanish in the 2nd pic.
By
Thanks for the tour Blakjak, i had a quick chat with you in an alcove when i was taking a pic

here's a few of my photos

By
Boognish wrote:Thanks for the tour Blakjak, i had a quick chat with you in an alcove when i was taking a pic
Yep I remember that when I sat down for a smoke & a drink & to chat with Binjuice & Ottogirl while you were taking pix.
Is that first pic the one you took in that 'alcove' through the 'window' in the wall? I can't remember ever having gone in that room.

BTW nice pix.
By
Yep the first pic is the one taken through the window
By
Nice pix indeed. im slowly going through my set and theres maybe 3 photos at most with which im half happy with.

Will post up a few for you guys to have a look at anyways.
By
You can see that alcove/room & the 'window' you took a pic through in The Tunnel (2011) at 1.08.15 (the guy climbs out of that room into the 'alcove'.

Pretty crappy movie, interesting because it was filmed in some locations we explore. And it has been cleverly cut & editted so all those different tunnels, drains, & bunkers all seem like they are linked when in fact they are seperated by many KMs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQrozMTWlY[/youtube]
By
By
ah man, wish i checked this forum more often. sounds like a fun night, definitely interested in the next such occasion
all the trucks unload beyond the gopher holes
 Post a reply
Go