Login RegisterFAQ
DeScent - 21/3/15 - Page 2
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
News of this made it all the way to France.

I didn't know Descent but had probably been looking at his stuff unknowningly via Dark Day's account for some time.

Sending my thoughts from Europe to anyone close to him.
By
12 Reply with quote Permalink
This is the only photo I ever took of DeScent.

I realise I'm a bit late in posting this but it has only really dawned on me until now that DeScent is gone for good and thats that - Its a gradual process coming to terms with it which is why I have remained so silent on the issue.

Brisbane urbex is so quiet without him. I was one of the only people on these forums or in the general UE community in this town that met him personally and although many people gave him a lot of political garbage for publicising images I always respected his fcuk you attitude. He was a very friendly, cheery guy, vibrant, enthusiastic, young at heart, energetic and generally an intense person to be around, especially whilst exploring. Massive source of photographic inspiration - very very talented and siht, I mean fcuk he was so so supportive of me. I remember that time we climbed that *massive* drop up into one of the explores we did only to set off the alarm inside, even though he insisted on sticking around "for at least twenty minutes!" .. his uploads always had my laughing out loud. I was amazed to discover he was 43 at the time of the incident as I jumped to the conclusion he was in his mid 30's.

It is surreal knowing he is not crawling into an abando or jumping down a manhole but I have a feeling that he is still lingering around down graffiti riddled corridors or muddy floors of brick arches somewhere out there in the Great South East.

If I could go back in time and change my attitude I would do it without question. I'll always feel a sense of guilt for the arguments we had that I never wrapped up between us and its weird that I can't message this person and apologise for that and finish it because there wont be a response - urbex politics are urbex politics, but in the end we are still human being which is a completely different story.

I wrote DeScent a note on Flickr because I know he'll read it considering he was attached to that website almost 24/7 ;) See you around DeScent. I'll miss your creativity and humour.

ImageR.I.P. DeScent. by ктотаков. (мертвых/живым), on Flickr
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
This is an edited version of the tribute that was played at the Clannies. It was very emotional especially with Puss in Boots and her daughters being present.
 Post a reply
Go