Login RegisterFAQ
By
19 Reply with quote Permalink
Under tragic circumstances, UEGA and the urban exploring community lost one of it's dearly loved, nicest and most gallant explorers - DeScent.
Forever we will miss his awe inspiring photography - and playful, often comical storytelling :)

Sincere thoughts to his friends and family from all of us at UEGA.

Feel free to leave your condolences in this thread.
Please respect the privacy of DeScent, and his family and friends.

UEGA staff.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I never had the opportunity to meet Descent but fired many questions in his direction to which he always answered with-out hesitation.. He was the most welcoming member i came across on the forum and i personally will miss his presence on this forum immensely... My sincere condolences to you Pussinboots Just how much DeScent loved and respected you was evident in everything he posted and i am sure everyone in the Urbex community is hurting for you.. in this the worst of times.
Stay Strong
Lone wolf
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Thanks for letting us know Nuggs. Our hearts are with his friends and family.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Like Lone Wolf I too never got the chance to meet DeScent but always enjoyed his beautiful pictures and tales of adventure. It's a tragic thing to have occurred and I was genuinely saddened to learn of it.
It was rare to see a post from him without Pussinboots also included. To echo Lone Wolf's post it was evident how much you 2 meant to each other and I cannot imagine what Pussinboots must be feeling at the moment.
All the best to Pussinboots and to DeScent's family and friends moving forward from this horrific event.

Rest In Peace DeScent

- Echo
Last edited by Echo on 23 Mar 2015, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Although I never knew them I loved catching up on the exploits of DeScent and his wonderful companion Pussinboots. The locations and pictures were superb and I was often in awe of just how much these two did. It really is a tragic loss to our community and my heart goes out to Descent's family and Pussinboots. I hope you can move on with life but at the same time look back and remember the great times. I'm just so sorry for all involved.

RIP DeScent.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
I am truly shocked by what has unfolded over the past few hours, disbelief that such a tragedy has happened !
Only one word can really describe how I feel 'Numb"

My heartfelt condolences go out to Pussinboots and DeScent's Family and Friends...

RIP DeScent
By
Just read about it on the courier mail and am shocked to hear that something like this has happened to someone that was as safety conscious as he was. Never met DeScent, but he was a good bloke and really helped me out with info and locations, will miss seeing the photos and reading the stories of his and Pussinboots' 'splores, and the chats about random stuff.

I am saddened and sorry to hear about this, and I give my condolences to Pussinboots and everyone that knew DeScent.

RIP DeScent, may there be plenty of places to check out on the other side.
quis est qui nesciat historiam?
By
DeScent's tales and photos of exploration were always astounding in their content. There were many things I appreciated as both an explorer and photographer. The unique way he paid attention to small details, whether the interesting way the paint cracked, or rusty cogs on an old steam train. I don't remember an explore he did that was without Pussinboots.

We have lost a great explorer and friend. May he find great locations wherever he is.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
I never met DeScent personally, but like others have mentioned he was always happy to help out me and others. Such an extraordinary contributor to this place, and an inspiration.

My thoughts go out to friends and family, but in particular to PussinBoots (who I am privileged to have met personally). She is very warm hearted and does not deserve what I can only imagine she is going through. Those two did everything together and I hope that she is ok.

RIP DeScent.
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
Descent had a unique approach to his adventures, both in his creativity and humor.
Always a joy to read of his and Pussinboots exploits. The help and encouragement he provided to others has been widely acknowledged.
I too never had the pleasure of meeting him myself. I'm sure we would have been friends quickly though.

RIP Descent. And kind thoughts with Pussinboots and your families at this sad time.
By
7 Reply with quote Permalink
DeScent was an absolute legend and it's very sad to see such a talented and enthusiastic explorer go :( He kept these forums active and contributed a hell of a lot to a bunch of different members, whether just through having a friendly exchange or through providing often extensive advice. I really appreciate everything he's done for the member-base as well as for myself personally. I'll always admire the level of enthusiasm and passion you applied to every single one of your explorations.

"The day when I am no more than a writer I shall cease to be a writer." DeScent, you will never cease to be an explorer, for you are not only that, but an artist, a mentor, and a friend. Rest in peace, you will be missed dearly <3
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
So tragic.
I have admired Descent's adventure's and observed love blossom through photography, light and fencing.
A devastating loss, Pussinboots, Mine and my families thoughts are with you.
RIP Mr. D
By
RIP Descent. I will miss reading about your antics. You could make even the most boring RCP look interesting and exciting. You will be missed.
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
As with many of us, I'm still shocked and upset over recent events.

Descent's enthusiasm for URBEX was admirable, and his photography was major contributor to getting myself off the sofa and actually visiting many of these places. My thoughts are with DeScent's family, and Pussinboots. I think there will now be a few wool spins in heaven!

We all suffer grief differently, and I hope that if anyone here feels like they are suffering alone, please contact other explorers to talk things through, have some time for reflection, or even consider confidential & anonymous professional councilling services.
By
Always admired DeScent's contribution to this forum. DeScent will definitely be missed.

RIP DeScent.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
22 Reply with quote Permalink
Thank you all for the kind words and support, it has comforted me tremendously to know how much was thought of Descent and he would have been surprised and touched to know this.
I have lost my dear companion, friend, lover.
His passion for photography and exploring led us on many adventures and there should have been many more, but this time things went wrong.
I am grateful to still be here, and lucky to have shared the time we had together.
He was a wonderful man, I will miss him more than I can say.
The photos we took will remain as a testement to his life.
By
Just read about this in the local paper up here. I'll miss a person I never met, but have admired his antics and photography on here. Condolences to all his family and pink shirted accomplice.
By
I'm breaking my self imposed exile from UEGA to just pass on my condolences to the family and loved ones of Descent (RIP), I never knew his real name.
He seemed like a very nice guy with a level head on his shoulders, it is very shocking and sad that he had to go this way. Also feel for Pussinboots for what she went through and what she will go through, chin up dude.

:(
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Never met the guy but spoke to him via PM's about his photographic work.
I'll miss his posts.
Pussinboots....Im so sorry.
By
Really awful news.
I hope you're ok Pussinboots.
RIP DeScent

Please guys, always check the weather before going in drains!
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
He was a massive initial inspiration for me to get out and explore and from the few times I spoke to him privately, he was a truly genuine guy with an obvious enthusiasm for urbex and photography.

I'd be interested to see what everyone thinks of a plaque for him, I'm already missing his posts.

Also, if Pussinboots is ever interested in exploring again in the future, I'd just like to say I'm sure we're all here for her if she'd like some company.
By
Oh no :(
By
13 Reply with quote Permalink
Kind thanks to all who posted here and everyone who thought of us at this most desolate time. Tomorrow I say goodbye to my partner for the last time at 4pm. Perhaps ,if you are able, pause for a moment to remember him, the man who loved to explore, his photos he loved to post, the excitement he shared of our discoveries and adventures.. Your messages and support have been truly remarkable and most appreciated , thank you
Continue to explore and share, it makes this forum stay alive.
Pussinboots
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Pussinboots I hope you are okay, if you need or want anything please reach out, I and im sure many others will offer all we can to help if you need anything. It still plays in my head, absolutly horrible and tragic event.
We have followed each others photography, he inspired me often. We chatted ocassionaly, I will and do miss him and his posts. Great adventure he had on many occasions he found gold in many places and reminded me Brisbane isnt as small as I pretend, so really sorry this happened.

If you ever need a wingman or a lend of a camera ill happily volunteer and happy to take a few pics of anything you need, everyone understands if you never put your pack on again.
RIP DeScent-
I got my boobs out on google street view
By
9 Reply with quote Permalink
I pause at this moment, as DeScent is being laid to rest, to remember a fellow explorer taken from us too soon. My heartfelt condolences Pussinboots as you say goodbye to your beloved man. I wish you the very best as you embark on your next journey. I will always remember the awesome adventures you and DeScent shared with us.

ImageIn memoriam A pic of my mate that I took on the weekend to celebrate DeScent's life with his favourite colour.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
 Post a reply
Go