Login RegisterFAQ
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi everyone,

UEGA now has it's own updated, more modern theme! Quite a few things have changed, both visually and technically.

- One of the major differences is that the site is now responsive! That is, it should adapt to any screen size. No more endless zooming to press tiny buttons on mobile phones.
- Many redundant links and items have been removed and similar links (such as 'view new/unread/unanswered posts') have been grouped together in a menu. No more elements scattered arbitrarily around the page.
- Posted images scale automatically.
- Plus many other things!

Any comments or feedback, let us know.

If you are using an ancient browser that can't handle HTML5 (or if you particularly liked the old theme) you can revert to to the old theme in 'Board Preferences'.
By
Wow. Looks good!

My only comment so far is that we have lost the "view unread" messages function?

Edit: I mispoke. Nevermind! :lol:
By
YAY! Image scaling! Now I dont have to rescale all of my photos!
The site updated while I was using it, so it was a bit confusing, but good upgrade I think, much better on mobile
By
I think I like it Aydun:) it's a bit weird at first, but once I've had a few goes it'll be great! Seems odd now it's all resized for my tablet and iPhone, so I'm not struggling to read the small print... And the new colours are nice too:) good work!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
How do you "thank" with the new layout?
By
d0dg3r wrote:Edit: I mispoke. Nevermind! :lol:
Yep :P Although I am wondering if it should be at the top of the list. I think it's the most popular of the five.
Taco wrote:YAY! Image scaling! Now I dont have to rescale all of my photos!
The site updated while I was using it, so it was a bit confusing, but good upgrade I think, much better on mobile
Sorry Taco, you must have signed in just after I made sure no-one was online!
Pussinboots wrote:I think I like it Aydun:) it's a bit weird at first, but once I've had a few goes it'll be great! Seems odd now it's all resized for my tablet and iPhone, so I'm not struggling to read the small print... And the new colours are nice too:) good work!
Thanks! I tried to keep similarities with the old theme, although I wanted to bring it inline with the new phpBB theme. So the actual layout of buttons and links is pretty very different.

Subsilver2 (the phpBB theme UEGA's old theme is based on) is five years old after all!

Personally at least, after having been using it for the last few weeks, I find it to be a lot more intuitive. So I hope you do too once you get used to it :)

Input's most welcome though, so if anything thinks something could be done better, do let me know!
By
d0dg3r wrote:How do you "thank" with the new layout?
Bottom right of the post, in the black bar (Report this post, Reply with quote, Thanks)
By
How do I mark all topics as read?
By
Thanks for your work getting this up and running man, it looks great.
Just with the thanks button issue - I'm not sure if it just gets edged out by the mod tools perhaps, but here's what I see (On both laptop and phone)

Thoughts?

Edit - Sorry for the terrible image size, Mspaint is being difficult lol
By
ThatLb wrote:How do I mark all topics as read?
I must have missed that. I'll add it back today or something.
By
Dynamite wrote:Thanks for your work getting this up and running man, it looks great.
Just with the thanks button issue - I'm not sure if it just gets edged out by the mod tools perhaps, but here's what I see (On both laptop and phone)

Thoughts?

Edit - Sorry for the terrible image size, Mspaint is being difficult lol
Just checked and it's actually a forums permission thing for this section, nothing to do with the theme! Fixed.
Although with your mod screenshot I notice there's no icon next to warn user. I'll add one sometime.
By
Wow it's all new. So far so good. No probs as yet.
By
ThatLb wrote:How do I mark all topics as read?
The button is back at the top of index.php as well as viewforum.php for the list of subforums where it was also missing :)
 Post a reply
Go