Login RegisterFAQ
Feedback or Suggestions?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
As above :)

Could we improve UEGA? How?
Is it just fine as it is?
Anything in particular you like, or dislike?

Thanks,
Nuggs!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Something to make all topics read in a certain forum. (Or maybe it's already here, but I'm too blind to see it.) :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:Something to make all topics read in a certain forum. (Or maybe it's already here, but I'm too blind to see it.) :D
+1
I should mark all your posts as read. You really went for it today.

We probably should elect moderators for the public forums, seems like lots of location details tends to slip into here without much warning.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Midget wrote:Something to make all topics read in a certain forum. (Or maybe it's already here, but I'm too blind to see it.) :D
Excellent suggestion :P
Although I have missed seeing this :)
By
By
theedge wrote:We probably should elect moderators for the public forums, seems like lots of location details tends to slip into here without much warning.
Yeah. Well, I'm back here, so I'll try to help with that.

You know you like it, aydun. ;)
By
By
That only does one size though, right? It'd be cool to resize to the resolution of the screen.
By
Midget wrote:That only does one size though, right? It'd be cool to resize to the resolution of the screen.
A CSS fix could do that!

Code: Select all

.postbody img {
  max-width:100%
}
By
Ah. I'm not familiar at all with CSS.
By
What is the point of an URBEX forum where there is such a restriction on mentioning location details? To get to the stage of googling, finding and spending the time to register and explore your forum, you really need to be someone with a genuine interest in this activity with genuine intentions of exploration, not destruction. Or are there that many dickhead vandals in this community that there needs to be such militant secrecy? If its a fear of litigation and law enforcement then really I think the authorities have far more pressing priorities in 2014. In any case, I've spent a couple of days perusing most of the forum and there's plenty of locations and details so it seems the moderation is at best ad hoc and random. Whilst in a perfect world we would all have plenty of time to write to the mods long rambling correspondence and attach pics and draft versions of posts for editorial examination and approval prior to posting, in the real world we don't have the time. I think if you want to improve this forum, you should loosen up on the restrictiveness and secrecy just a bit. Surely the urbex community is mature enough...
By
Some interesting points there Cylonicus.

The point of this forum is to document and showcase great locations.
We also encourage members to organise their own meetups to explore safely, and swap info.
You can request specific info via PM - that is at our member's discretion.

I've no doubt that if specific location detail was in the public forum, it would become a haven for vandals here.

We have few moderators, and it is impossible for us to review every post. Members often help by reporting suspect posts which are reviewed promptly.
Let us know which posts you are referring to by clicking the 'report' button next to it.

Anybody can google the public section of the forum, or take 5 minutes to sign up.
Those who spend the time, continue to contribute to the forum, and are found to have a responsible attitude can become a member of the unrestricted VIP section.

Appreciate the feedback :)

Nuggs
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
cylonicus wrote:Whilst in a perfect world we would all have plenty of time to write to the mods long rambling correspondence and attach pics and draft versions of posts for editorial examination and approval prior to posting, in the real world we don't have the time.
As long as your post does not reveal entry/location/address details, at worst, it may be edited slightly. Just post it!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Plus it would take the fun out of discovery if this site was simply a list of places to explore!
I think urban exploration is as much about the journey as it is the destination.
By
cylonicus wrote:Or are there that many dickhead vandals in this community that there needs to be such militant secrecy?
yes
cylonicus wrote:Surely the urbex community is mature enough...
no
By
cylonicus wrote:Or are there that many dickhead vandals in this community that there needs to be such militant secrecy?
Any place I have been which is well know has been trashed. Every piece of glass smashed, walls and doors kicked in, graff everywhere and fire damage. I have seen other places which have become like this in a space of weeks once the location is known and I have only been exploring for aroud a year.

In short, I think there are a lot of dickheads whose thinking is not their strong point and will just want to f*** things up. It may seem that locations are a little "exclusive" but for good reason.
By
Spot on fellas. I'd never accuse a vandal of being intelligent but they sure as hell know how to get their google on.
By
Just going back to topic:

I think we need to make the VIP register a bit tighter by introducing a new requirement where non-vips who take time to organise something via the meetup thread will also qualify and having a vip attend is a bonus :). I'm finding a trend where lots of people are starting to do things alone because they can't find anyone to go or they are just time restricted.

That will probably get more expos going. Again the discretion is left to us as always on who gets in although mighty hard doing checking online posts is difficult vs in person as always even with my IT skills :(
Last edited by theedge on 24 Apr 2014, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
A higher private message limit would be peachy.
By
aydun wrote:A higher private message limit would be peachy.
That too. Seem to spend more time clearing my list

To clarify on the VIP requirement, we could probably make the pic sharing less important while making individual contribution more important such as organising a expo or helping others with a lift to the place. I know PanicUE did lots of that before he fell off the radar and we did seem to do lots of that years ago.

Obviously meeting with a VIP member still remains.
By
Displaying if a user is banned somewhere within the profile or the username would be useful as I know we have a few.
By
theedge wrote:Displaying if a user is banned somewhere within the profile or the username would be useful as I know we have a few.
Not in user's profile (yet) but it now displays if they're banned under their name in posts.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
aydun wrote:
theedge wrote:Displaying if a user is banned somewhere within the profile or the username would be useful as I know we have a few.
Not in user's profile (yet) but it now displays if they're banned under their name in posts.
Well it's a start. I see tonyrules/tubby1 shows as banned on his posts now so looks like it's working.

We're so anti-tubby1 here :)
By
I was unable to pull up the moderator options on my Samsung galaxy to move topics.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to a forum
2. Click View -> Moderator Control Pannel
3. The option to move doesn't appear on the phone. And the checkboxes don't appear on the RHS.

Writing the above feels like being at work again :(

@aydun I will PM a screengrab of my samsung to you later. Feel free to delete/edit this post if I've revealed too much about the mechanics of this forum :)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
theedge wrote:I was unable to pull up the moderator options on my Samsung galaxy to move topics.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to a forum
2. Click View -> Moderator Control Pannel
3. The option to move doesn't appear on the phone. And the checkboxes don't appear on the RHS.

Writing the above feels like being at work again :(

@aydun I will PM a screengrab of my samsung to you later. Feel free to delete/edit this post if I've revealed too much about the mechanics of this forum :)
All good, I know exactly what it is.. The 'sort forum' options are hidden on mobile due to being a waste of space that no-one ever uses (correct me if I'm wrong and people do use it). The CSS that hides that must also inadvertently hide the mod options. I'll fix it sometime soon.
 Post a reply
Go