Login RegisterFAQ
Feedback or Suggestions? - Page 5
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
theedge wrote:
Introduce the resize option in the [img] tag

ie: [img=100x50]

I tried this and it didn't work

Default font is a bit small for me, so I'm using a bigger font - unless I forget
I won't touch bbcode because it confuses and frightens me. All I can suggest is post resized images from Flickr or just post smaller images from elsewhere. Or perhaps request a phpBB extension.

Maybe it's just from devices I test on, but I find font size to be readable, even from afar. I'll probably still up the size slightly when I get to it. The sizes are a bit haphazard so I want to standardize them eventually.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Will just increase the font on my browser then - much better :)

In the Aus urbex forum we should split it into categories as it is now 30+ pages long:
  • Drains
    Tunnels
    Abandonments
    Bunkers
    Other
And rename Media into "urban exploration"
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:
In the Aus urbex forum we should split it into categories as it is now 30+ pages long:
  • Drains
    Tunnels
    Abandonments
    Bunkers
    Other
And rename Media into "urban exploration"
It's now 30 pages long after 1.5 hours of moving/merging deleting posts :D. Just FYI in case anyone noticed some stuff has been moved about.

Apart from the UE Index, I hope I haven't broken anything. Will fix that darn thing later...

Finally under Other, would add Trip reports as well. We seem to have a lot of posts that detail trips that have multiple locations in them.

ie:

Australian Urban Exploration.
  • Drains - Post Pics and reports of Drains and related infrastructure here..
    Tunnels - Post Pics of tunnels here..
    Abandonments - Post Pics of Abandos.
    Bunkers - Post pics of bunkers here.
    Other - Anything else that doesn't fit the above section.
    Trip Reports

Will leave this task under Aydun/Titan's capable hands :).

Being a mod doesn't give me unlimited powers to do stuff here... Besides, I have a few more important sites at work to look after...
By
FYI emails for PMs are being delayed by 4 hours.

Aydun/Nuggs/Titan: please do the needful
By
Probs just a one off.
By
I've made some fundamental changes to the forumlist/topiclist (index.php and viewtopic.php).

It 'should' look nearly identical, but if anything seems strange or broken I'd appreciate it muchly if you could let me know!
By
stopped working on my galaxy the other day, for a day or so it kept reloading nonstop, yesterday it just became a grey screen
could be at my end, but has anyone else had similar issues in the last couple of days?
By
maybe an easier way of directly placing images and photo uploads into posts, i have tried to many times and still can't figure it out. in saying that, i am a bit of a rookie with this sort of stuff
By
No+Pro wrote:stopped working on my galaxy the other day, for a day or so it kept reloading nonstop, yesterday it just became a grey screen
could be at my end, but has anyone else had similar issues in the last couple of days?
Maybe related, but I noticed that on the rare occasion (mainly on mobile), clicking a link wouldn't load the page and the spinner would keep spinning, so you'd think something is happening. Although I don't know why this is (besides the browser cancelling the request for some reason), I made it so the spinner will stop spinning if loading stops, so you know to try again.

The grey screen is because your browser failed to download some files due to a server error. Refreshing the page would usually download the files properly and fix this. I've enabled error logs on the server, but I haven't been able to reproduce the failure since then, so it could be fixed.
By
wundos wrote:maybe an easier way of directly placing images and photo uploads into posts, i have tried to many times and still can't figure it out. in saying that, i am a bit of a rookie with this sort of stuff
Unfortunately that is rather difficult.

However, posting photos is a cake walk once you know what to do!
See viewtopic.php?p=17607#p17607 for more info or to ask questions.
By
Aydun wrote:
No+Pro wrote:stopped working on my galaxy the other day, for a day or so it kept reloading nonstop, yesterday it just became a grey screen
Maybe related, but I noticed that on the rare occasion (mainly on mobile), clicking a link wouldn't load the page and the spinner would keep spinning, so you'd think something is happening. Although I don't know why this is (besides the browser cancelling the request for some reason), I made it so the spinner will stop spinning if loading stops, so you know to try again.

The grey screen is because your browser failed to download some files due to a server error. Refreshing the page would usually download the files properly and fix this. I've enabled error logs on the server, but I haven't been able to reproduce the failure since then, so it could be fixed.
Seems to be working.. i didnt change anything.. maybe you fixed it
By
No+Pro wrote:
Aydun wrote:The grey screen is because your browser failed to download some files due to a server error. Refreshing the page would usually download the files properly and fix this. I've enabled error logs on the server, but I haven't been able to reproduce the failure since then, so it could be fixed.
Seems to be working.. i didnt change anything.. maybe you fixed it
Welp, turns out it was a bug. I reported it to our host at lunchtime and they've already fixed it :o .
By
I was wondering if you guys ever considered running an IRC server in compliment to this great forum. I'm sure a lot of you are already aware of what IRC is but I'll give a little bit of an explanation.

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. It is an instant messaging protocol which has been around since the early days of the internet. It is minimalist and open source so it's often used by tech people (particularly open source/foss software developers) and widely used by the private torrent tracker community as the ability to host their own server prevents takedowns like you might see with a Discord "server" or other companies worried about allowing slightly dubious discussion to take place.

While it would require some moderation (something I'd love to help with if this happens to eventuate) it would be great to have a place to instant message on the topic of urbex and private channels are also possible for VIP members to communicate in real time as well.

It's just something that popped into my head as I am an avid user of the protocol and thought you guys might have fun considering.
By
Allow members to delete their own posts and drop the post needs approval thing
I spent about 3 days writing a post, had a power outage which added another day then came back to post it only to find it's stuck and double posted

The "What is RCP made of?" question was so hard that I had to google the answer because the RCP abbreviation is most commonly used for 'Representative Concentration Pathway'

The security question should be something that people will understand, not an abbreviation with more than one meaning
108CAM Urbex Joke of the Month: "Is Urban Exploration in Rural areas considered "Rural Exploration" or "Ruralex"?"

Play Your Part, Preserve Our Past.
Preservation of Antique/Historical items should not be hindered by the Urbex Code.
 Post a reply
Go