Login RegisterFAQ
Feedback or Suggestions? - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
With our work network being ultra-secure and closely monitored, I can no longer update the forums when I'm at work.

Like being in the 5th state at work.

So I have to use my android device to do any updates.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:Displaying if a user is banned somewhere within the profile or the username would be useful as I know we have a few.
Next week this will work!

Also there will be a separate group for banned users and inactive users. So it should be easier to distinguish the lurkers from the scalliwags.
Last edited by Aydun on 02 Feb 2015, 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By
But we don't currently ban inactive users... or do we? I was under the impression the accounts were simply deleted.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
By
Midget wrote:But we don't currently ban inactive users... or do we? I was under the impression the accounts were simply deleted.
Happens to be a very manual process.

Haven't had time to go through those...
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
aydun wrote:
Midget wrote:But we don't currently ban inactive users... or do we? I was under the impression the accounts were simply deleted.
*Cough*
http://www.uega.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2102
Well now I know. Haha. I'm a clueless mod. Wait, then after making the user inactive, their account is still here? Then when do we delete accounts?
By
I've got a suggestion (either that or I'm just not using the website properly), but when you click on unread posts and click on the post, is there any way for the link to direct to the last page of a thread (as opposed to the first page)?
By
Or the first unread post within that thread, rather than just the last page.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
d0dg3r wrote:I've got a suggestion (either that or I'm just not using the website properly), but when you click on unread posts and click on the post, is there any way for the link to direct to the last page of a thread (as opposed to the first page)?
yes! That tiny little arrow pointing to a page icon next to 'last post by'. It could probably be improved somehow though..
By
Midget wrote:Or the first unread post within that thread, rather than just the last page.
Also yes! That even more tiny and horrible arrow pointing to a page icon next to the thread name.

That's phpbb default. But again could probably be made better.
By
Ah great. Thanks!
By
Make it compulsory when you sign up to put what state you're from. Cos you have to put your main interest but not where you're from and that annoys me. Cos I go to look at new people to hope they're from my state and then I see they haven't filled their state in and I get all hot and bothered and go cry in a corner for 10mins.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Some people may want that extra layer of privacy for no reason at all.
By
Midget wrote:Some people may want that extra layer of privacy for no reason at all.
Nope. This wasn't a suggestion, this was a command. Do it or heads will roll.
Signed
King Echo the Great
By
Echo wrote:
Midget wrote:Some people may want that extra layer of privacy for no reason at all.
Signed
King Echo the Great
You have broken our alliance! *breaks out the banhammer*
By
Midget wrote:
Echo wrote:
Signed
King Echo the Great
You have broken our alliance! *breaks out the banhammer*
Ahh no not the banhammer. *throws my arms at your feet* forgive me your holiness I meant not to harm.
By
I've got another suggestion. What are your thoughts on implementing badges for users to replace the usergroup system. (e.g. a VIP badge, a donor badge, admin/moderator badge?) uer.ca have a system like this.
By
d0dg3r wrote:I've got another suggestion. What are your thoughts on implementing badges for users to replace the usergroup system. (e.g. a VIP badge, a donor badge, admin/moderator badge?) uer.ca have a system like this.
It would be nice, but there are currently no extensions for phpBB 3.1 that allow this. And I ain't got time for that!

But if someone wants to create an extension :)

Though with time, I'm sure someone will release something.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I did some stuff to make the site faster, but could potentially break things (but probably not). It's to do with Opcache, anyway..
If you could let me know if anything goes strange please!
By
Aydun, would it be possible to add a "your threads" section to the links drop down list? (Would be good to see a list of explores that I've posted.)
By
d0dg3r wrote:Aydun, would it be possible to add a "your threads" section to the links drop down list? (Would be good to see a list of explores that I've posted.)
Possibly.

Atm you can do a search by author, first post only, which gives you something like:
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=A ... mit=Search
By
Sneaky workaround! That will definitely work for now. Thanks!
By
aydun wrote:Possibly.
search_id=egosearch

Oh you.
By
cleaning out my inbox/sent msgs etc (so popular), i had a thought, while looking at a conversation you can only delete the current PM - could it me made so you can check a box next to yours/theirs PMs and delete all in one?
By
No+Pro wrote:cleaning out my inbox/sent msgs etc (so popular), i had a thought, while looking at a conversation you can only delete the current PM - could it me made so you can check a box next to yours/theirs PMs and delete all in one?
That's not really doable unfortunately. PhpBB only lets you tick and delete multiple messages straight from your inbox.
 Post a reply
Go