Login RegisterFAQ
Feedback or Suggestions? - Page 3
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I know we're in the age of high speed interwebs, but sadly not really in the age of cheap mobile data.
Would it be worth your time in adding a setting where if using a mobile viewport/device, to replace images with click to load images? :)
By
Crispex wrote:I know we're in the age of high speed interwebs, but sadly not really in the age of cheap mobile data.
Would it be worth your time in adding a setting where if using a mobile viewport/device, to replace images with click to load images? :)
Sorry :( something like that would need to be a phpBB extension (database additions, additional UCP settings, etc.) or it would make upgrading the forums in future too time-consuming and error-prone.
It's not something I'd spend the time on, but if anyone develops it as an extension (not really too hard), I'd install it.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Let's focus on real issues, guys, such as cat emoticons.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
No+Pro wrote:cleaning out my inbox/sent msgs etc (so popular), i had a thought, while looking at a conversation you can only delete the current PM - could it me made so you can check a box next to yours/theirs PMs and delete all in one?
So kinda related, you can now make it so when your box is full, old messages are deleted to make room.

You can now create folders (up to four) for, say, messages you want to keep, and also create rules and things to automatically delete messages from certain people.

here
Midget wrote:Let's focus on real issues, guys, such as cat emoticons.
They're coming.
By
Was there a need to hide the quote reply button? :(

Also miss the location maps... they were handy.
Maybe a text comment under the avatar pic?
By
Can you please put the reply with private message button back? I just had to press quote, then copy the quote and go to private messages, make a new PM and paste the quote instead of when I used to be able to press just one button beforehand.
Cheers, Echo.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Crispex wrote:Was there a need to hide the quote reply button? :(

Also miss the location maps... they were handy.
Maybe a text comment under the avatar pic?
Sacrifices had to be made. Shorter posts now take up about half the height as what they used to, so now you can see twice as much content at once, without it being cluttered and messy. Also, I think the unlabelled icons were confusing. A few times I received a PM instead of a reply, or vice versa. Besides, two clicks instead of one :P it's like 0.75 seconds instead of 0.5.

State maps should return in some shape or form.
This new layout is what I always had in mind (but couldn't implement because some Polymer elements weren't ready), so any future changes will be subtle improvements and fixes. No more large changes to the post layout.

Also, you can insert quotes from the "Topic review" section when replying, which I think was missing before(?)
Echo wrote:Can you please put the reply with private message button back?
It'll be back eventually. Although don't be surprised if it's under a menu..
By
Sleek. I like it. You just need to sexify the top right corner now. :P
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:Sleek. I like it. You just need to sexify the top right corner now. :P
Top right corner?
By
Update looks good Aydun. My only comment is that I find the font size a tad small. (I've been zooming in about 150% to view it on my computer!)
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Can you change the background to something more interesting?
Maybe some kind of animated cat gif?
By
maggot wrote:Can you change the background to something more interesting?
I'd rather claw my own eyeballs out.
catga.png
Although a non-moving interesting background might be nice!
By
d0dg3r wrote:Update looks good Aydun. My only comment is that I find the font size a tad small. (I've been zooming in about 150% to view it on my computer!)
Hmmm, any regions in particular that are too small? You don't have some HiDPI display do you? Font sizes in posts are a tiny bit smaller than Wikipedia (for example) at 12px vs 13px, but I wouldn't want to go above 13/14px.
By
Make the background dildos with wings and watch the user count rise in minutes.
By
Kto wrote:Make the background dildos with wings and watch the user count rise in minutes.
You know you actually say the weirdest things mate.
By
Quit stalking me ...
By
Kto wrote:Quit stalking me ...
Can't help it, my little notifications bar keeps track of you.
By
Aydun wrote:
maggot wrote:Can you change the background to something more interesting?
I'd rather claw my own eyeballs out.

Although a non-moving interesting background might be nice!
but... but...

By
Reckon it's just about time someone cleaned up the registered members list again. So many people that made accounts, logged in once or twice, never posted and then never logged in again.
By
Echo wrote:Reckon it's just about time someone cleaned up the registered members list again. So many people that made accounts, logged in once or twice, never posted and then never logged in again.
yep
By
where you can subscribe/bookmark a topic/thread, could there be an option to block/ignore it ie trainwreck topics
By
Where was the thread about a train wreck? Can you link me? Thanks.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Not sure if serious.

But just in case.

By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I mean threads I have no interest in seeing but my forum-ocd requires me to open everything. Id also like to block threads about video games, cats and nerf guns if possible
By
 Post a reply
Go