Login RegisterFAQ
UEGA stickers! (Poll) - Page 2

Should we have UEGA stickers? Please comment as well.

Yes
73%
No
24%
Maybe
2%

Total votes: 45
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Nuggs wrote:Image
Alight i wont do it, didn't mean to cause an argument, obviously not all the mods share the same opinion.
By
I wasn't arguing bud.

I've been involved in putting up stickers for more than 25 years & i could tell you everything that could just about go wrong and it's not the cliché being thrown round here and I don't want to sound like I'm talking down to any of you.

It's one of the problems with trying to get things done - all it takes is one person to question it and someone to back them up and there you have it, the rowdy minority win :-)
By
dougo wrote:all it takes is one person to question it and someone to back them up and there you have it, the rowdy minority win :-)
Almost sounds like a sort of democracy ;)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
coothatower wrote:Alight i wont do it, didn't mean to cause an argument, obviously not all the mods share the same opinion.
Na, all good.
You set the target in your OP.
I would have accepted if it ended up with 80% support.

Also, this may have gained more interest had the idea been floated by the mods or admin - also then a lower support percentage would suffice IMO.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Hey, I just realised...

cothetwr accually is bogs
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
dougo wrote:all it takes is one person to question it and someone to back them up and there you have it, the rowdy minority win :-)
Almost sounds like a sort of democracy ;)
Hahaha!

It's anything but.

It's the internet - you get a few people that have an opinion that they believe in and make sure people know it even if it's ill-informed, and then most people that might vote think something along the lines of - I'm not getting involved in this stuff, I'm here to explore s***.

This sticker thread is miniscule in the grand picture of things, but it's a great example of why trying to get something out of ordinary done in an online based group is hardly worth it.

Maybe have a look at how few a people have even voted & how healthy UEGA is.

In my opinion some fresh blood is exactly what it needs.

Not trying give oxygen to the flame, just explaining what I see as some facts.

I only mention them for the good on UEGA & not because I have time to waste :-)

Cheers
By
Nuggs wrote: Also, this may have gained more interest had the idea been floated by the mods or admin - also then a lower support percentage would suffice IMO.
Now I feel guilty because it looks like I'm just disagreeing with you ;-)

I think if you want to only have Mods do stuff like this then you're not taking advantage of potentially UEGA's best asset.

Aren't Mods just meant to moderate?

Anyway, I'm currently on vacation with my family in your beautiful state so I'll leave you to it.

Cheers
By
dougo wrote:This sticker thread is miniscule in the grand picture of things, but it's a great example of why trying to get something out of ordinary done in an online based group is hardly worth it.

Maybe have a look at how few a people have even voted & how healthy UEGA is.
Pretty much this ^^

I didn't vote because I'm not too fussed either way. Or just lazy, I guess.. But I don't see any major reason (besides those previously stated by others) not to.
Only a small percentage of a population will usually bother with non-compulsory polls, and with so few people participating anyway, 59% is not really any different from 80% :P

I.e. our local newspaper did a superb poll with a sample size of 10 :roll: , finding 60% in support of Labor... Look how that turned out :lol:

If you really want to, as a community participant, my view is go for it!
By
Cool thanks guys :) Im making some possible designs now based around the uega logo, does anybody know where i can get a high res version of the website banner?
By
You don't specifically need the full logo.
Just the web address in an awesome font may be sufficient to raise curiosity without forcing it.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
ie:

acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:ie:

Thats a good idea thanks :)
By
dougo wrote:Not trying give oxygen to the flame, just explaining what I see as some facts.
Wow, really?
The issue was opened for discussion, and parameters for the poll were set by the OP, and Titan - I assume.

I respected that, as should you.
Certainly no need for argument and dissent when you were not satified with the result - Poor form, especially from a moderator.

In the interest of peace, I will not debate the use (or not) of stickers anymore, and will leave it to ya'll.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
No+Pro wrote:doing any exploration while you're up?
Was good to catch up today.

Even if we only did the highlights, AquaCave & Toadie are both nice drains.

Cheers
By
Nuggs wrote:
dougo wrote:Not trying give oxygen to the flame, just explaining what I see as some facts.
Wow, really?
The issue was opened for discussion, and parameters for the poll were set by the OP, and Titan - I assume.

I respected that, as should you.
Certainly no need for argument and dissent when you were not satified with the result - Poor form, especially from a moderator.

In the interest of peace, I will not debate the use (or not) of stickers anymore, and will leave it to ya'll.
It's understandable that you think I'm arguing because you don't know me, but I'm not arguing bud, just explaining what my experiences have found and in this case history shows that a few vocal people are probably being overly paranoid.

In regards to me being a Mod - I see it as a Mod does what a mod does - I've already moderated some Flagged posts that were unanswered in almost a year, I've deleted duplicated posts, fixed YouTube links and the like. Having healthy discussion is... umm... healthy :-)

I could use your own theory on you and say that as a Mod should you be bagging someone's idea - of course I wouldn't because why shouldn't you (or I) be able to have our say?

If you & I agreed on a topic then I would be in your corner supporting you. If I had no opinion or experience on a topic then I would be indifferent - as I am with nearly all topics.

As I said, I'm definitely not arguing... maybe if you picture me as a rambling old neighbour shaking a rake at you threatening to knife the tennis ball you just hit over my fence... then you might see me in a more harmless light :-)
By
So I made some designs, I hope you guys like some of them.

Im going to make more, any feedback would be appreciated :)
By
coothatower wrote:So I made some designs, I hope you guys like some of them.

Im going to make more, any feedback would be appreciated :)
They look good. I'd grab some even if it was to stick on my folder with my 1Direction stickers ;)

Edit: split the off-topic posts that No+Prob& I made.

Cheers
By
Pretty neat. I like the first two best.
By
aydun wrote:Pretty neat. I like the first two best.
Same.
By
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to make a couple more.
By
Sorry its been so long I've been busy lately i hope to make some more designs this week or on the weekend.
By
So can i please just get an idea about how many people are interested in buying some stickers? I just found out the minimum quantity is only 250.
By
What is the estimated cost per sticker/per 10 and does that include postage ?
By
i think its going to cost me about $130 or so for 1000 and slightly less for 500 or 250. I was thinking something like 25 for $10? with free postage. Does this sound reasonable?
By
It really depends upon the size/quality of print and how you plan to post them :)
I'm not a fan of folks aiming to get rich quick of the latest crazes, yet have no problem with a modest profit to cover for the time and effort placed into organising something like this, so your question is best answered by yourself actually, in view of only you know what you would consider reasonable if it was me that was offering this opportunity and you were potentially interested :)

By no means is this a shot at you or aimed to discourage you, as I'm potentially interested ;)
 Post a reply
Go