Login RegisterFAQ
UEGA stickers! (Poll)

Should we have UEGA stickers? Please comment as well.

Yes
73%
No
24%
Maybe
2%

Total votes: 45
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys I have noticed that cave clan has stickers and though it would be cool if we could get some to. I was thinking of using the uega logo with the web adress under it with a approximate size of 5x8cm or larger. I had a look around and i can get 1000 vinyl stickers for under $100. I was thinking i could order them and distribute them to anyone who wanted them on the forum for 10-20c or so each and after the initial cost was paid off use some of the money to support the site. I know that probably not everybody will like this idea as there is potential to draw negative/unwarranted attention to UEGA and urban exploration in general and this should definitely be considered. Titan suggested that we have a poll to see everybody's opinion. If the majority of people (>80%) would like to do this we can decide on a design and il get it done :) So in a week or two once lots of people have had their say we can decide on what is going to happen. If you have a big problem please don't hesitate to pm me i don't want to upset anybody.
By
I think you'll only draw negative attention to this site if people put them in stupid places, otherwise it's what the site wants isn't it? It's why posts about UEGA are made on UER.CA & the like. A public post or strategically placed public sticker should = fine :)
By
I ordered some samples a few days ago so I would know what would be he best option when it came to sticker material if we decide to go ahead which this and they came today :)

I think a waterproof vinyl or pvc is going to be best a this point
By
dougo wrote:I think you'll only draw negative attention to this site if people put them in stupid places, otherwise it's what the site wants isn't it? It's why posts about UEGA are made on UER.CA & the like. A public post or strategically placed public sticker should = fine :)
I'd be interested in some stickers.

Dougo, what constitutes a "stupid" place though?
By
In locations where you don't even leave foot-prints :-)

And on police cars - it's happened before... they tend not to like it.

We've had a couple of death threats sent to our po box because some bad sticker placements.
By
I would avoid putting any urbex sticker on my car and parking said car next to an abandoned factory frequented by security.
By
I'd say well-frequented drains are the only place to be sticking stickers. And definitely not in any infrastructure or constructions.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Or you could put them in non-exploring locations... Like the back of No Standing signs
By
Scarecrow wrote:I'd say well-frequented drains are the only place to be sticking stickers. And definitely not in any infrastructure or constructions.
That's exactually what i was thinking
By
Or you could put them in non-exploring locations... Like people's faces when they fall asleep drunk.
By
coothatower wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:I'd say well-frequented drains are the only place to be sticking stickers. And definitely not in any infrastructure or constructions.
It does sound fine in theory, but all members might not be as responsible.
Certainly this sort of exposure could be great - though it could be detrimental for the group if used carelessly.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I agree with Nuggs immensely. Adding a little more to the positive side though, if you google search 'Brisbane urbex' (Or whatever city you live in) there's an alarming number of people on all manner of forums not even slightly ue related asking 'How do i get in here' and 'I heard about this tunnel' etc etc.... Maybe a few stickers around the place wouldn't hurt. If it gives anyone with an interest the opportunity to learn the code of conduct, and meet up with responsible explorers and do things safely I'm all for it.
Better the Devil you know, I guess.
I think it's at least worth a trial, and then we can see what the feedback is after putting the flag up?
By
This poor newbie (at the time) copped it after the 2012 Stickerama.
He woke up and said, "I thought Cave Clan was cool!"
This is what they did to one C/C member's letterbox on the 2011 Stickerama
By
That looks like a whipped cream charger in his arms, doing some whippits i see ;)
Those stickers are awesome did you have access to a sticker printer?
By
coothatower wrote:That looks like a whipped cream charger in his arms, doing some whippits i see ;)
Those stickers are awesome did you have access to a sticker printer?
Some are homemade jobbies while others we pay for.

Cave Clan would have put up over 100,000 stickers across Australia.
By
coothatower wrote:
x 2 :)
By
and that's why sydney are lamers
By
drains_ wrote:and that's why sydney are lamers
With small schlongs!
By
Well its been a week now and most people want to get some stickers made up. I said originally if 80% of people wanted some we could do it but only 67% of people do. So I'm not sure what to do. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
By
You just about could do a poll asking who would like $50 and you'd struggle to get 80%.

UEGA has other stuff around and plans for shirts, so as long as people don't put them in stupid places, why not?

It's the same risk if someone wore a UEGA t-shirt into a dodgy location.
By
Cool so I'm going to try and make some designs up, i don't really have any background in graphic design so if anybody has any ideas feel free to post them :)
By
Speaking of shirts....
By
dougo wrote:You just about could do a poll asking who would like $50 and you'd struggle to get 80%.
What? Why would I want your $50, what sort of communistic society has this become? It's an outrage!

What does UEGA stand to gain by putting up stickers? Explorers find places, finding this site isn't hard if you're looking. It should be something people seek out, rather than are informed of.

Take only photographs, leave only footprints, remember?
By
Nick wrote:
dougo wrote:You just about could do a poll asking who would like $50 and you'd struggle to get 80%.
What? Why would I want your $50, what sort of communistic society has this become? It's an outrage!

What does UEGA stand to gain by putting up stickers? Explorers find places, finding this site isn't hard if you're looking. It should be something people seek out, rather than are informed of.

Take only photographs, leave only footprints, remember?
That's your opinion that many may share, but as I said, using your theory UEGA should have nothing in public. Should the forums be made invite-only.

What does UEGA gain? Maybe someone sees a sticker and checks out the site and says " this looks cool & I know of that tunnel near grandmas and also the abandoned factory."

Take photos leave only footprints - it's just my opinion, but I've always hated that saying, photos have caused as much damage to locations as any vandal, thief or media interview.

I think you may be over concerned what a couple of hundred stickers will do.

Cheers
By
acually is nuggs
My Explores
 Post a reply
Go