Login RegisterFAQ
POI (Places of Interest)(Victoria)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
hey guys anyone can, give me directions suburbs or the like to any of these locations: (Victoria)

1.DeathStar
2.Allure Photography

OK guys here i found another Website revealing some interesting locations and some photos in melbourne.

Code: Select all

http://www.walkingmelbourne.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5950
anyone wanna organize a meet to check these out? or find more?
My Friends Name is "GOOGLE" he gives me answers.

http://www.blinkysweb.org/ - My Website/Blog
By
I'll trade ya some info if you've got anywhere good.

Deathstar is a bit of a pain to access. Its technically bolted and its not good to have the knowledge public so usually the only way you'll find the place (and more importantly get in) is by knowing someone who knows how.

where abouts ya based?
By
There's supposed to be some old mineshafts in diamond creek, I found an article on them which was written about 5-6 years ago and it contained some photos which were a bit vague but there were some Cave Clan tags in green spray paint. My friend lives about 400m from where I think it is so I might get him to come and have a look with me one day, there's also some "private property" directly above where I think the shafts might lead which have some old warehouse looking buildings sitting there sourrounded by bush (from what i can see on google earth they definitely aren't houses). the only way in is through a padlocked gate with the "Private Property" sign hanging off it and the gate is just off the street my mate lives in, there are no house numbers for the land which the buildings are on in google maps so it's actually on crown land which mean's it's my private property too... I really don't care seeing as he's never seen that gate open or anyone inside the gate anyway, I doubt I'll get caught as long as we keep noise to a minimum until we're past the houses.
By
trezza wrote:There's supposed to be some old mineshafts in diamond creek, I found an article on them which was written about 5-6 years ago and it contained some photos which were a bit vague but there were some Cave Clan tags in green spray paint. My friend lives about 400m from where I think it is so I might get him to come and have a look with me one day, there's also some "private property" directly above where I think the shafts might lead which have some old warehouse looking buildings sitting there sourrounded by bush (from what i can see on google earth they definitely aren't houses). the only way in is through a padlocked gate with the "Private Property" sign hanging off it and the gate is just off the street my mate lives in, there are no house numbers for the land which the buildings are on in google maps so it's actually on crown land which mean's it's my private property too... I really don't care seeing as he's never seen that gate open or anyone inside the gate anyway, I doubt I'll get caught as long as we keep noise to a minimum until we're past the houses.
Be careful, the mines have collapsed in many places since C/C used to explore them. Went there a few years ago and we couldn't get more than 100 meters in, even that involved some dodgy squeezes though caved in areas.
By
Loki wrote:Be careful, the mines have collapsed in many places since C/C used to explore them. Went there a few years ago and we couldn't get more than 100 meters in, even that involved some dodgy squeezes though caved in areas.
Will do! Not all that keen on enclosed spaces especially if it's made out of dirt and rock instead of brick/concrete so I doubt I'll go too far in.
By
Hey blinky I replied to your topic in Vic regional forums... keen for a meet. I know a couple of places near mine in St Kilda but they probably aren't that great... will hunt for more info though,.
By
ok well I think I am pretty confident in knowing the entry to Anzac tunnel. If anyone would like to come exploring any time send me a pm or email oo . agar (@) g.....mail
By
once the flu i have blows over i will contact you guys for some exploring / meet,

@0xdecaff, im near werribee victoria, have car aswell, but can only take 1 passenger atm due to 20inch wheels and guards not rolled.
My Friends Name is "GOOGLE" he gives me answers.

http://www.blinkysweb.org/ - My Website/Blog
By
sweet as look fwd to hearing from you :)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner... I just emailed a friend of mine who works for the department of city planning. I asked if he has access to any city plans/maps/charts showing drain entry points etc. He said no worries and is going to have a look and get them to me.

They should be very handy!!
 Post a reply
Go