Login RegisterFAQ
Movies with post-apocolyptic theme.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello team,

I thought id start a thread where we all can share movies we watched with the abandoned/post-apocalyptic feel to it. This way those who have not seen what others have can find out the titles like so :)

Movies list:

- The Road (2009)
- Stalker (1979) Russian film but sub-titles are available.
- Mad Max (1979)
- Mad Max2 (1981)
- 2012 (2009)
- Urban Explorer (2011)
- The Book Of Eli (2010)
- Chernobyl Diaries (2012)
- The Darkest Hour (2011)
- Terminator Salvation (2009)
- I Am Legend (2007)
- Dawn of the Dead (1978 and 2004)
- Waterworld (1995)
- 28 Days Later (2002)
- 28 Weeks Later (2007)
- Resident Evil 1-6 (2002 - 2012)
- The Tunnel (2011)
By
List updated :)
By
Thinking about movies where people have boarded themselves up in abandoned buildings, cities have been emptied and stuff like that!

The Darkest Hour (2011)
Terminator Salvation (2009)
I Am Legend (2007)
Dawn of the Dead (1978 and 2004)
Waterworld (1995)
28 Days Later (2002)
28 Weeks Later (2007)
Resident Evil 1-6 (2002 - 2012)
By
By
there was an Australian horror film released last year called "the tunnel" that is in the "found-footage" format and was filmed underneath Sydney.
By
PSape wrote:there was an Australian horror film released last year called "the tunnel" that is in the "found-footage" format and was filmed underneath Sydney.
Was filmed in the old st James Station railway tunnel's. ;)
By
Have not seen that one yet. (Added to the list)

Will need to check it out, but i always think twice when its "Australian films" as the acting and quality as times is unbearable lol.
By
yeah Australian films can really go either way. I thought "the loved ones" was solid, the father & daughter in that were c-razy.
By
"The Book Of Eli" was on TV not long ago, I didn't like where the film went in the last half hour though.

Worth a watch, lots of people getting killed, enjoy.
By
trezza wrote:"The Book Of Eli" was on TV not long ago, I didn't like where the film went in the last half hour though.

I hope that wasn't your highlight lol
By
Check out "Subterano".. worst movie EVER. There are a few scenes that were filmed in popular Sydney drains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSzgmCGDhPw

There's another movie called "After" about some explorers hitting up some abandoned top secret russian lab. I won't spoil it but be prepared for a ridic ending as well.. Still cool to watch for the tunnels :D
By
Titan wrote:
trezza wrote:"The Book Of Eli" was on TV not long ago, I didn't like where the film went in the last half hour though.

I hope that wasn't your highlight lol
I can't sit through movies anymore, really gone off them recently, only watch one if it's got lots of violence, but it can't be one of those gay ass B-grade teenagers lost on a camping trip movies.
By
I didn't mind The Walking Dead, seasons 1 and 2. There was a little bit of abandoned stuff in it.
 Post a reply
Go