Login RegisterFAQ
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello again UEGA.
The other day I went for a walk and smoke down a drain I have been down many times before and found some odd things, this wasn't the first out of the ordinary thing I have found in the drains, previously finding a strange dog room in a chamber in a different drain. and am now curious what are the strangest things you are found or seen throughout your travels.
On a previous post on the ACT board, you can see some photos of the dog room. The room was covered in dog photos framed and just plastered to the wall, as well as a fake security camera to try and stop anyone from disturbing their hard work.
The new find was in another Canberra drain known as Blue. there is not much to it, a small entrance that changes to the standard concrete pipe that Canberra is famous for. There are a couple of interesting little features such as the graffiti near the entrance to the drain shitting all over Doug calling him all manner of things and apparently some issue with naming rights of the drain. Further up the first feature is a nice grill which leads to a much larger pipe (much more comfortable for anyone over 6 feet tall) which leads to another chamber which has a table, a large wooden pallet propped up by cinderblocks. Apparently there used to be artwork on and around the table but it was long gone by the time I got there. Now the table has been converted to a makeshift bedroom. Someone has brought a rug, a bed, a tv, some food the really concerning this was that it looked like a child had set it up, the bed was only about 5/6 feet long and had stickers, pencils, and a fidget spinner when I went down there was no one there but I turned around rather than risk walking into an ice addict or a body.

Photos are below in the imgur link
https://imgur.com/a/Kri1VK8
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Sleepover?
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I know who built the cinderblock and bench part but Id be surprised if the same person brought the bed up there a few years later.
Hood Rich
By
Dross wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 6:14 pm
I know who built the cinderblock and bench part but Id be surprised if the same person brought the bed up there a few years later.
Who built it?
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
Dross wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 6:14 pm
When did they build it? I heard from someone else that the platform and artworks on it but they were long gone when arrived
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Duck_In_A_Drain wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 11:45 pm
When did they build it? I heard from someone else that the platform and artworks on it but they were long gone when arrived
2017 is when the blocks/bench in your photos were installed. Not sure about the artwork you're referring to. That would have been someone else.

heres a photo while it was being built.
Hood Rich
By
Wow Dross that so cool! How long did it take to build it? I've heard of this thing from a few people but never saw it myself. How'd you guys get all those materials in there? Through the roof hatch? Or up the drain? That's pretty cool work man. Kudos.

I find this interesting because a friend of mine was in Canberra recently, like 1 or 2 weeks ago and went in there and only saw the platform. So the bed must be pretty brand new.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I have an update to the bed situation. There have been some rather large additions to it, including the bed fully made up with an airmatress and blankets and a shelf has been ductaped upove the bed and a suitcase filled with panties under the bed. The room has also now got a name and a little introduction stating the rules and qr codes to a couple of sites including lifeline and panics website.

Also the first time I went up when it was just a platform the back wall had been painted white over the graffitii

And finally I will try to go down at least once every couple of weeks to see the progression and maybe even find the person who is working on all of this.

also I have updated the imgur with new photos of the updated room
By
Wow, there's a suitcase full of panties and you didn't photograph it for us? :)

That's some cool stuff there. A bed, on a platform, in a drain? Wow. I'm south of Sydney, I think I'll have to come down to see this before the borders close.
 Post a reply
Go