Login RegisterFAQ
Visited Mini 10th and went in pretty far...
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey everyone,
Decided I would post my first expo report.
I visited Mini 10th today with two friends. One of them had never been draining, and the other is a little more experienced than I am. The experienced friend locked his bike up at the start of the bridge on the drain side. I left my bike locked up at the nearby large shopping mall, walked down with my unexperienced friend and met him there :D
We headed in. On a previous visit only a few days ago I brought my bike inside, running into a girl that was just leaving. We had a quick chat and she claimed she was in CC and that there were other CC people inside. Didn't run into anyone however I'm the most enthusiastic drainer in my lazy friend group and need people to drain with so I wish I got her Instagram or something. I'd go draining everyday but I would never go in a drain alone and since I have friends that don't enjoy it as much as I do it's not an option. On the way in there is an extremely slippery floor with some kind of seaweed visible. I slipped and fell, dropping my bike last time. I learned from my mistake today and walked in cautiously. Apologies for the quality of the photos, using my shitty $200 android phone.
Upon entering about 50 metres in I arrived at the split. Not a traditional split, instead the tunnel kept going straight while a waterfall could be seen in an opening on the right. A friend of mine has told me that there isn't much except a chamber (which I breifly visited last time) and a "tenth" shape if you keep going straight, eventually to a different entrance. Also, I recognised the waterfall on the right straight away as most Mini 10th photos are of some waterfall along that route.
I kept walking to the second waterfall, which was higher than the other one. I'm not sure if it was the second or third waterfall as they were both very similar except for the increase in height the further along you go, however there was another split. The left tunnel (about 200 metres long) takes you to a really cool grill right in the middle of the highway! Didn't photograph it because I was too busy looking around. At the split there was also a guestbook. Need to remember to buy a sharpie. Photo of the second or third waterfall Image

Kept walking until I got to the next waterfall. This time there was a slit for the water to come through, and you could walk on completly dried cement blocks. Kind of like a train station. Very cool.

At the end of the train station area the tunnel takes a right before continuing on for a while (500 metres+) and a bunch of slides can be found! The first one was particularly steep and wet, so we used the handrail. The rest were mostly dry and were not nearly as steep. Didn't photograph unfortunately :oops: . I've never actually seen slides before so it was a nice suprise.

By now 45 minutes had gone by and my friends and I agreed to leave at 4:30, so we had about 15 minutes left. We were about to turn back when I spotted some natural light way ahead. We agreed to turn back once we would reach the light. As we got closer we could see water spilling towards us and I realised that it was another waterfall, perhaps the 5th one today. I think Mini 10th should be called Waterfall Wonderland or Slip'N'Fall. Can anyone direct me to the CEO of naming drains please? Image
To the left of the waterfall was a crawl pipe with a cable tied to a hook furter down. It was secured and probably has/could be used. I could see some light further ahead. Anyone know what's down there?
View from the top of the fall:

We were tired and short on time so we didn't go further. With my luck lately we may have missed a 10m waterfall or something. What's further ahead? I couldn't find a map from Panic!.

It felt like it only took us 10 minutes to walk back to the first split at the entrance. I wanted to show my unexperienced friend the chamber where the swing used to be however we suddenly smelt paint and I didn't want to meet the local eshay tagger. Descending from the drain, my friend's bike was missing and the lock was snapped. Luckily he wasn't too upset and I promised him we would check Gumtree and Facebook for it in case the thief wanted to resell it. I'm paranoid about where I leave my bike so I was happy that I left it in a high visibility area at the shopping centre.

That's it pretty much. Wondering if anyone has a map of Mini 10th, can share what lay ahead and what I would have discovered if i crawled through the tunnel on the left of the last waterfall.

Cheers!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Nice write up, some good photos too!
The side tunnel you headed up is known as "knight-stalker's" as it used to be it's own drain before mini tenth swallowed the entire creek. I've never ventured beyond the "platform" style section as I had heard that the tunnel beyond was just a small shrinker, so now I feel like i should get out there and explore it properly.

I'm not sure if any proper maps of this drain exist, other than Panic's map of "MSI Autobahn" which he took a great deal of artistic license with, and isn't very useful at all. The crawl tunnel sounds like it just leads to some gutter boxes and probably some possible exits, although I couldn't tell you for sure.

Cheers, Fitzy.
:shock:
By
Fitzy wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 11:43 pm
The side tunnel you headed up is known as "knight-stalker's" as it used to be it's own drain before mini tenth swallowed the entire creek.
For the record, where the side tunnel turns round was known as Knightstalkers (named after the Cave Clan member). When they joined the drains another recently discovered drain down south was named Knightstalker's.
For some reason someone painted Knightstalker's in the "new" section & that's where I think the confusion comes from.

I've got some photos of it being built. What's a good site I can use to embed photos on here (I used to use photo bucket :) )
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
ironfistdoug wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 7:16 am
Fitzy wrote:
I've got some photos of it being built. What's a good site I can use to embed photos on here (I used to use photo bucket :) )
The side tunnel you headed up is known as "knight-stalker's" as it used to be it's own drain before mini tenth swallowed the entire creek.
I used https://imgbb.com/ , worked pretty well for me. Wish I could have explored Knightstalkers before it joined with Mini 10th but at least the grill is still there and open. Not sure if it's very visible but in the second last photo which is vertical I found some Cave Clan names written. I'll probably just explore it myself next time but if they're still active maybe they could share what there is to see that way. Maybe they even tied the cable up? Also, have you been any further and if yes is it worth exploring? I'm thinking of drawing up a Panic-style map of the drain.
Cheers
Last edited by draindrongo37 on 07 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
Fitzy wrote:
Nice write up, some good photos too!
The side tunnel you headed up is known as "knight-stalker's" as it used to be it's own drain before mini tenth swallowed the entire creek. I've never ventured beyond the "platform" style section as I had heard that the tunnel beyond was just a small shrinker, so now I feel like i should get out there and explore it properly.

I'm not sure if any proper maps of this drain exist, other than Panic's map of "MSI Autobahn" which he took a great deal of artistic license with, and isn't very useful at all. The crawl tunnel sounds like it just leads to some gutter boxes and probably some possible exits, although I couldn't tell you for sure.

Cheers, Fitzy.
Thanks Fitzy! It's definitely worth exploring past the platform style section. Definitely got slightly smaller and it becomes an RCP but not at all a shrinker. It is quite a long walk to get to the next waterfall which you can first spot as a small amount of natural light ahead but it's definitley worth it, and there are some slides to keep you entertained. We actually thought that someone else was down there as the light suddenly dissapeared in the middle of the walk there. I bent down to tie my laces a minute later and saw the light again. The tunnel feels and looks like its mostly flat but it climbs and declines slowly over a few metres so the changes aren't noticeable, plus the slides probably had something to do with it.
Cheers.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
draindrongo37 wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 5:03 pm
Thanks Fitzy! It's definitely worth exploring past the platform style section. Definitely got slightly smaller and it becomes an RCP but not at all a shrinker. It is quite a long walk to get to the next waterfall which you can first spot as a small amount of natural light ahead but it's definitley worth it, and there are some slides to keep you entertained. We actually thought that someone else was down there as the light suddenly dissapeared in the middle of the walk there. I bent down to tie my laces a minute later and saw the light again. The tunnel feels and looks like its mostly flat but it climbs and declines slowly over a few metres so the changes aren't noticeable, plus the slides probably had something to do with it.
Cheers.
It's not a bad pipe.
It sounds like did the best of it. From there on it pretty much just shrinks.
By
I took your advice on the IMGBB thanks.
When you say you wish you could have done Knightstalker's before they joined, there was nothing but a creek between the two drains so you didn't miss anything other than having to walk through water to get into the old Knightstalker's drain :)
In keeping with the UEGA rules, please don't mention the names of the creeks, freeways, etc... (that's to everyone) :mrgreen:

Below is a Polaroid of Gilligan standing in the outlet to the old Knightstalker's.

This is where the creek from Knightstalker's entered Mini 10th. You can still see where they bricked this up in the drain. This photo is taken from within one of the square tunnels and shows the whole section (it's only a few meters long).

The next three photos are of the "new" section being built between the old Knightstalker's and Mini 10th drains in 1993/4. The drain was built as they were extending the freeway and needed to cover up the creek.

The next three shots are what Knightstalker's looked like not long after completion.

The side pipe that splits off the "new" section and leads to this grille was also built around 1994.

Below is a shot from when they first built Mini 10th in the late 80s. It's a blurry photo, however you can see that they are still putting bits of the drain in.

Nothing to do with Mini 10th, but when they were putting the freeway above Mini 10th and the last 50 meters of Dweller's Tomb, this is a photo of the "new" Dwellers.
Last edited by ironfistdoug on 11 Jul 2020, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
The images were fine when I posted them last night.
I'll look into it later.
Edit: they work if I watch them on Desktop Mode or on my computer.
 Post a reply
Go