Login RegisterFAQ
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
So we decided to spend today exploring a few places. The first one was unexpected but ended up being really cool. Considering I’m a noob I was a bit nervous before, but afterwards I was pumped for more. We went to the second site (also unplanned, just spotted it on the way home) and ended up getting in. We had a look around and I wanted to leave- I had a bad feeling about the place. It was really cool inside but we didn’t leave in time and ended up having a bit of a run in with someone who busted in yelling and screaming claiming to own the place (pretty sure he was a squatter/junkie). We got out fairly unscathed, but it is has put the fear of god in me!

Ps. Is this the section where I post photos?
Not a photographer- just an explorer!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139455439@N06/
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Very vague story but sounds good
Exploration is an addiction.
By
Na it was terrifying. But I learnt a lesson. Has anyone else found themselves in scary situations while exploring?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I use to carry half a packet of ciggys or chips/biscuits on me to give to homeless or junkies. As for aggressive people I'm bigger than most and if you stand your ground they normally calm down.. Show no fear
never die wondering ;)
By
Yeah i normally carry a few extra bucks to appease a tense situation, than it's just a long conversation you need to escape from.
By
I’m a chick. I was with two guys and we eventually calmed him down but one of the guys was bitten by a dog and shoved against the wall. Then we weren’t allowed to leave for a while. I thought I was going to die. Good times!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Sounds full on! Normally people calm when they realise you've studied the history of the place and realise you have nothing but torches and cameras.
never die wondering ;)
By
I've only run into squatters. The most recent one just stuck his head out of the room he was in and asked what we were doing. Just taking photos mate, we'll be off in a minute seemed to be good enough for him and he left is alone. Yelled out thanks as we left pretty much after that. Someone always knows where I am going for the day, Im aware of the fact that I will and have run into squatters. I do alot of exploring with another female so we are selective about what time we go out, what days. If I dont feel comfortable I wait till my big scary male mate can come along. Maybe your guy was the owner, most squatters Ive run into are happy enough if you just say sorry mate and leave them. They know people will discover them squatting just as much as we know we will run into squatters.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Found an old bathtub with legs sticking out in an old concrete fabrication place once. Shat myself thinking it was a dead body. Shat myself again when the dead body woke up and yelled at me to f*** off. Was just an old alcoholic bloke who thought he'd found a quiet place for a sleep.
Gettin Chuffed 24/7
 Post a reply
Go