Login RegisterFAQ
Nothing is creepy anymore...
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Is it just me or do other seasoned explorers find the whole creepiness of abando's disappears after time. I'm a bit of a believer in the whole ghost stuff as I've experienced unexplainable things in the past (never exploring tho) do you find there is no fear, even junkies/homeless become the norm and there's no worry in the world even teetering on rusted walkways a dozen stories up or 100m underground in a mine closed 100+ yrs ago when no one knows where you are. The rush is much harder to find. Is it time to move on or are there bigger better thrills.. We find playing tricks on security seems to be the only rush these days..
never die wondering ;)
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Live rail tunnels get the blood pumping!! :twisted:
By
True that lol but I'm in Adelaide, the Borden gets you before another train comes by haha
never die wondering ;)
By
I never got the creepiness thing because I don't think that ghosts and things like that exist.

I do get anxious in abandonments and topsides mainly because I had one bad experience with the law in that regard and it puts me on edge.
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Yeah I guess I mean anxious :) the few run ins I've had have resulted in talking too's lol just never keep picks on yourself when they are not needed and normally an inquisitive bold but not cocky attitude gets you through without trouble
never die wondering ;)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I never had that creepiness thing either. Never worry about ghosts, they can't hurt you. It's people I worried about. I've encountered many homeless people, never had an issue with them. Just been respectful. One guy I encoutered in a place kept on talking about the "bit of wood" he normally had. "Yeah I normally have a bit of wood to look after myself but you guys seem okay. Yeah I normally have a bit of wood. Some guys give me trouble but I normally have a bit of wood."
Yeah, we dubbed that place "bit of wood" after that.
Other homeless people don't mind a chat. Some just want to be left in peace.
Back in the old days of city power we were exploring the front bit when we heard some noise so we ran out of there as fats as we could. We realised later it was a homeless person who was probably just as scared of us as we were of them.
I do get claustraphobia and anxiety in drains and tunnels when I am a long way from the entrance and fear what would happen if I injured myself.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
 Post a reply
Go