Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Starting out a little bit of topic....I'm currently in the middle of a self absorbed pity party because my ex is refusing to let me see our kids on mothers day as it is technically his weekend. I'm just gonna add that day to weekend and make it a 2 day adventure instead of 1. I'm off to the Blue Mountains and then back to Sydney on Saturday. I know it's not cool to ask but I'm old and apparently not that cool anymore so if anyone wants to be as uncool as me and hit me up privately with any....just one awesome spot to ease my pity party celebrations I would greatly appreciate it. I did just go and re read the code of conduct and I'm pretty sure I cant be burnt on a stake for this but I know its frowned upon. Please be kind and just igonore me instead of putting me in the naughty corner. Oh and I will be travelling from Wollonong......if anyone wants to acknowledge my post. Thanks
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
hit up google, trove and any old archives :) look up state mining, infastructure references, caves, and or just wander around :) i use to explore as a teen then got married for 9 yrs, when we split i got back into it as a way to ease my mind and find a rush, its always best to find things yourself
never die wondering ;)
By
Thanks Tommo, I have a list. I did a lot of research to build that list of places. Just feeling lazy but you're totally right it is the best feeling to find a place yourself especially if it's not had many people go through. Ok, I'll get my list out tonight and search a few areas Im going to incase there's sonething else cool close by.
By
If you put a few keywords into google the greens party were stupid enough to upload a map of majority closed mines, where they are, what type and the condition of them. Plenty out in the bush at Lithgow and Blackheath.
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
Thanks Enternamehere, will give it a go 😊
By
Thanks to those of you who unboxed me some great ideas. I was lucky enough to spend about 4 hours wandering around the main place I had on my list undetected. Apparently I take way too long according to my exploring buddy! I think he just doesn't look at enough stuff. Will be heading back up there again to check out the other suggestions
By
Please don't go in abandoned mines. You may as well do drains during a torrential storm. Depending on what type they are, they tend to be prone to dangerous gas, f*** all oxygen and cave ins. Even if none of that s*** happens to you, it's incredibly easy to get lost.
By
maggot wrote:
15 May 2017, 4:44 pm
Please don't go in abandoned mines. You may as well do drains during a torrential storm. Depending on what type they are, they tend to be prone to dangerous gas, f*** all oxygen and cave ins. Even if none of that s*** happens to you, it's incredibly easy to get lost.
I'm not really an enclosed space person when it comes to underground so the chances of me going in mines is highly unlikely unless its to just poke my nose in the entrance. Once went on a cave tour where I had to crawl through one section and that pretty much did it for me and underground fun. Always good to be reminded of dangers though so thanks :)
By
Anyone have any other advice for exploring or locating areas of interest in the Lithgow area of the blue mountains?
 Post a reply
Go