Login RegisterFAQ
Port Kembla Tunnels
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey just a heads up that the council have installed shiny new gates to all the Port tunnels entrances. I live 5 minutes away and popped up there on the weekend to kill some time and take a friend through who I'd been out on adventures with all day. Im pretty sure someone will get in there soon enough because it wouldn't be hard. Just not something I would do myself, personally I don't think they are worth a fine.

By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
What about the easy top access?
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
My question would be why bother locking it up ? ... every single person in Sydney has been through there. There is nothing left to take, brake, vandalise or anything...
By
enternamehere wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 6:37 pm
What about the easy top access?
Nope new gates there too
By
Titan wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 6:44 pm
My question would be why bother locking it up ? ... every single person in Sydney has been through there. There is nothing left to take, brake, vandalise or anything...
Think they have plans to clean it up and make it a tourist spot
By
woah.. was about to head there from very far lands. thanks for heads up!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
naynayplays wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 10:48 pm
woah.. was about to head there from very far lands. thanks for heads up!
I at least saved someone the trip. Will give you the heads up if they are open again.
By
Bolt cutters would sort that out
By
Ritchie wrote:
23 Apr 2017, 8:36 pm
Bolt cutters would sort that out
Well yes they would, but really I don't think its worth it. There isn't anything that exciting in there besides lots of empty bottles and rubbish. There is the separate small building below that which is nice to stand in and watch the sea but last time I went there was when my daughter dragged me there because she had been there the day before and reckons it was full of dried blood.....she may have been right. It did look like it so maybe that's why they closed them up again.
By
Just popped up to the tunnels and someone has involved the gates from the wall at the top entrance. Didn't go through so they may still be on the other end.
By
Unbolted! My phone is auto correcting everything
By
Guess someone had time on their hands to bother undoing all the bolts

By
Thanks Aydun

If anyone is ever interested in heading to the tunnels I could always go and check if they are accessible before you make the trip.
 Post a reply
Go