Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
A few weeks ago a mate and I went into Buford’s Batcave for the first time. Our expectations of going in there was just exploring a new tunnel and getting some shots along the way. It was about 10am ish when we entered. As we were going towards the end of the cave bit where the natural light was slowly fading we saw 3 little bats and thought ‘nah, should be right’, and thought nothing more of it. About 10 more minutes of walking we could see something moving in the distance, it looked like the walls were moving. As we got closer we realised that the tunnel was filled to the brim with bats, as we kept walking they either flew over us with the tiniest gap or just smacked into us completely. After 3 or 4 bats had smacked into both of us our normal walking speed and standing up straight had turned into a run and us both crouched in a 90 degree angle. This continued for the next 40 minutes and only stopping at Hell for a few quick shots without a tripod.
We both thought it was called batcave because the first section just looked like a cave, but obviously not :lol: :lol:
Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any methods to avoid this next time?
Exploration is an addiction.
By
Hah yeah, people always say "bats never fly into you" but they sure do.

Never experienced that in bat cave but in a mine once we were ducking trying to get back out and even then the little bats were bouncing off us.
By
Above the corner near the top end of the rock blasted section, I've only seen a few bats. Below that corner, the number of bats increases significantly.
By
Hey Light Knight, around how far into the tunnel do the bat numbers increase?
 Post a reply
Go