Login RegisterFAQ
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
what's up forum, I'm a 17 year old from Sydney and i always been infatuated with my camera. For a while now iv'e wanted to do urban exploration photos on rooftops, abandoned places etc, but i dont know how to discover rooftops and people dont share so i was wondering if anyone wanted to teach me their ways so i also can do work. I got camera skills in spades i just need a little guidance for what i wanna do. If anyone's nice enough ask for some deets and we can talk. Peace
By
Hi JSworld. Yeah, I don't think you're going to have much luck. There's all sorts of laws on corrupting minors that would make it seriously illegal to be caught teaching you anything illegal about UE.
Um, maybe visit some of the legal sites like middle head bunkers? Hone your skills photographing legal stuff.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
hey there jsworldd,

Welcome to the fourms,

Well it depends on what you want to find.
If your looking for rooftops one way is to just go to apartment complexs and piggy bag on the elevator then go up the fire escape and hope that the door is unlocked for the roof (you can try wire and screwdrivers to try to get past the bolt or if you have any lock picking skills... (; ).

To find rooftops you can also go to construction sites (Much better option trust me all though theres often a bit more sec)
Jump the fence and make a b-line for the fire escape once your in you going to get to the roof.

To find drains its all about google earth/maps
Go to google maps change it to earth mode and find a lake/river then look for something that looks like a storm drain.
This is how I found most of the drains I have on my map.
(Also go to the sydney water or what evers website and look at projects)

Abandons are a bit more difficult IMO
U really need to know what your looking for.
Overflowing mailbox's overgrown gardens etc
I dont do abandos that much (dont have the time to go looking) so Ill let some one else explain how to find that kind of stuff for ya (;

and If ya ever down in melb shoot me a pm and Ill show ya around (;

Regards,
--Promethues
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
Panic! wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 5:27 pm
Hi JSworld. Yeah, I don't think you're going to have much luck. There's all sorts of laws on corrupting minors that would make it seriously illegal to be caught teaching you anything illegal about UE.
Um, maybe visit some of the legal sites like middle head bunkers? Hone your skills photographing legal stuff.
Hey,

f*** the law.
PLUS IM A MINOR TO SO WHAT THEY GOING TO DO (:
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
Promethues wrote: Jump the fence and make a b-line for the fire escape once your in you going to get to the roof.
You forgot to mention the painful walk. Remember that 40 odd story construction we got into and we were within 10 flights of the top floor after a painful walk up the fire stairs and then that seccy turns up. RIP....
Worst thing about construction sites is the elevator generally isn't in operation yet. So be prepared for some exercise.
Promethues wrote: This is how I found most of the drains I have on my map.
Or ya could just search around google for a handy dandy drain file that's been floating around for years. It's a good starter to which you can then add your own markers.
I hardly see that sharing the link is bad as it's a publically accessible link if you look around. Though staff do remove if you'd like.
Last edited by Aydun on 24 Jan 2017, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
A minor is someone who is under 16, so.. try not to get caught doing dum s*** like we all have in the past :P lol
By
Echo wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 5:51 pm
Or ya could just search around google for a handy dandy drain file that's been floating around for years. It's a good starter to which you can then add your own markers.
I hardly see that sharing the link is bad as it's a publically accessible link if you look around. Though staff do remove if you'd like.
Bloody Colin. What does he mean "Used to be."
For some reason that file is really familiar. :lol:
Last edited by Panic! on 24 Jan 2017, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 6:33 pm
Echo wrote:
Bloody Colin. What do you mean "Used to be."
I must be missing the part where I said 'used to be?'
Yeah apparently some bloke called Panic! made it back in the day.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 10:13 pm
Panic! wrote:
23 Jan 2017, 6:33 pm
Echo wrote:
Bloody Colin. What do you mean "Used to be."
I must be missing the part where I said 'used to be?'
Yeah apparently some bloke called Panic! made it back in the day.
I feel like we should probs take that link down...
or is that just me.

I still dont no...
I couldnt find it till I came to uega.
And I looked everywhere for a map of drains at first (till I learned to find them by my self)
 Post a reply
Go