Login RegisterFAQ
UEGA multi-state meet up around Australia Day (unofficial) long weekend?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello people.

Australia Day this year falls on a Thursday. I expect a crap load of people will take the Friday off to make it into a 4 day weekend. So I was thinking, we could do a multi-state meetup. Basic thoughts:
  • The main purpose is to meet and greet, more so than explore.
    It should be in a location that LOTS of people from UEGA can reach over a 4 day weekend when driving.
    So centrally located from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Newcastle.
    It should have access to cheap, trouble free accommodation.
    It should have something of interest to explore legally near by. Often this means publicly accessible sites.
Based on that, Sydney is looking a likely location as it is about a day's drive from Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. But accommodation in Sydney is expensive. Maybe if we ask nice we might get permission to camp in one of the many bunkers sites such as Middle Head, Anzac Rifle Range etc. Or we just do it dogily and camp there anyway. Or some nice people might volunteer an open house or two. Or we might choose another location. We could head down to Geehi. Or I know of a National Park with some historic abandoned buildings in it south of Canberra. Bit of a drive for people though. Timon's nature reserve house is kind of centrally located, but out in the bush.

Of course this is early days planning, but who would be interested in attending in such an event?
Any other ideas, input?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I mean it sounds intriguing but not sure it's realistic for me anyway. I just don't have the funds or means of transport for such a trip.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Yeah, sounds good.

There's plenty of good stuff to see just like Garden Island etc, that isn't dodgy.
My only critique is that Sydney is too local for the folks in Sydney, they'll have done it all. I know HiddenWorld was talking about some magical trip around the Blue Mountains covering off all the new stuff he's found...
By
I'm keen on a Brisbane meet up. I also don't think I have the funds or means to get down to Sydney :(
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Everyone is welcome to the Nature Reserve lol, but be advised it has lights but no beds or chairs! so.. bring a sleeping bag LOL

Hell, i might bring the inverter and projector and we can even watch movies :P
By
im in adelaide but keen on a trip
never die wondering ;)
By
Nick wrote:Yeah, sounds good.

There's plenty of good stuff to see just like Garden Island etc, that isn't dodgy.
My only critique is that Sydney is too local for the folks in Sydney, they'll have done it all. I know HiddenWorld was talking about some magical trip around the Blue Mountains covering off all the new stuff he's found...
Yeah, that's what I thought about Sydney too. That and accommodation there is expensive.
As for transport, perhaps carpools might evolve if people are up to it.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
im in,
Blue Mountains sound good, but im down for whatever :)
By
Party House!

When the red lights on, the parties on! lol

By
I'm keen for wherever. Geehi or blue mountains sound especially good though.
Hood Rich
By
Keep me updated Panic i don't know whats going on, feel free to add me to skype if you use it, etc etc. :) But im down for the house been used for a low party, nothing to nuts! i got a projector, speakers, inverter, 100amp battery etc, can provide a few seats.. and such.. if that helps hehe
By
Well if everyones up for a blue mountain / sydney trip id be down for that show you guys some places in the mountains

Also would anyone be keen to put money in and maybe hire a 12 seater bus or something ?
There is always a way in.
By
Or if everyone wants we can move forward one of the proposed expos as seen in vip for this weekend
There is always a way in.
By
Hidden_world wrote:Well if everyones up for a blue mountain / sydney trip id be down for that show you guys some places in the mountains

Also would anyone be keen to put money in and maybe hire a 12 seater bus or something ?
Of course it would be real handy if one of us has something like an 8 seater van. Oh hang on... I've got one of those...
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hidden_world wrote:Well if everyones up for a blue mountain / sydney trip id be down for that show you guys some places in the mountains

Of course it would be real handy if one of us has something like an 8 seater van. Oh hang on... I've got one of those...

Bit short notice and lots of crazy Christmas stuff happening... Why not plan it with lots of notice and do it in the new year. Generally expos with lots of notice get good attendance.
By
Bumping this one back up to the top, has any of our wise leaders had a think of what they would like to see/ do/ travel to.
I know geehi has been done to death for some but it sounds like a great place to take some newbies like me to, show us what exploring really is.
Could do out west but restrictions on nothing illegal may make it hard to plan for some.

Im trying to keep the weekend free for this and waiting anxiously :D
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
enternamehere wrote:Bumping this one back up to the top, has any of our wise leaders had a think of what they would like to see/ do/ travel to.
I know geehi has been done to death for some but it sounds like a great place to take some newbies like me to, show us what exploring really is.
Could do out west but restrictions on nothing illegal may make it hard to plan for some.

Im trying to keep the weekend free for this and waiting anxiously :D
Think I posted this somewhere, but I'll run another glory hole trip towards the end of next year, and we can all abseil. We were there not all that long ago, and it's a hell of a long drive...
 Post a reply
Go